Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why doesn't my model have soft features
Excuse me

(20-07-2022, 10:25 AM)max88889999 Wrote: Excuse me

Hi!

Your model has a capsule collider that causes the spheres to collide with it before they have any chance to contact the skin.
Close Capsule Collider
Or not
My model is not showing particles
and the following message appears

Unsupported conversion of vertex data (format 0 to 4, dimensions 4 to 4)
(21-07-2022, 04:19 PM)max88889999 Wrote: Close Capsule Collider
Or not
My model is not showing particles
and the following message appears

Unsupported conversion of vertex data (format 0 to 4, dimensions 4 to 4)

Hi!

That means your mesh cannot be skinned to the particles, because the softbody skinner is not set up properly.

If you’re using 4 weights per vertex for your model and/or softbody skinner, make sure your skinning quality setting is set to 4 bones, or unlimited. This is a global project setting, that you can find in the Quality settings, see: using https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference...ights.html

Let me know if you need further help,
please tell me where is the problem thanks

(21-07-2022, 07:25 PM)max88889999 Wrote: please tell me where is the problem thanks

There seems to be no ObiUpdater component in charge of updating your solver, or at least the video doesn't show you setting it up. As a result, particles in that solver will not be simulated or rendered.

You need to add a ObiUpdater component (usually, a ObiFixedUpdater) to specificy at which point duding the frame should the simulation of your solver(s) be updated. I'd suggest taking a look at the manual, specifically the section that explains overall component architecture and the one that focuses on updaters:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...cture.html
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...aters.html

As a side note, In the video I see you add a ObiRigidbody to the ObiSolver component. The solver defines the space in which simulation is performed, so adding a ObiRigidbody to it doesn't make much sense. You can add a regular rigidbody if you want, though.

let me know if you still struggle with the setup, I can record a video specifically for you.

kind regards,
Thank you very much

i'm trying
thanks for your guidance
The previous problem has been solved
Particle execution appears normal in the movie
But after closing, there seems to be a problem with the execution

(23-07-2022, 03:44 PM)max88889999 Wrote: thanks for your guidance
The previous problem has been solved
Particle execution appears normal in the movie
But after closing, there seems to be a problem with the execution

Hi!

I am not sure about the problem you're talking about. In the video everything seems to be working correctly. Can you be more specific?

thanks!
That is, when the display particle execution is turned on, the entire model appears to be shaking when colliding.

But when the display particle execution is turned off, it seems that only the lower half of the model is shaking, and the upper half is completely motionless.