Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi rope not working in Unity 2021.3.0f1
I am trying to use Obi rope in Unity 2021.3.0f1 ( MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) chip Apple M1 )

its showing the following errors -- >

1.  DllNotFoundException: libOni assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> memberTristenull)
    Obi.OniBackend.CreateSolver (Obi.ObiSolver solver, System.Int32 capacity) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Backends/Oni/OniBackend.cs:17)
    Obi.ObiSolver.Initialize () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:851)
    Obi.ObiSolver.AddActor (Obi.ObiActor actor) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:1112)
    Obi.ObiActor.AddToSolver () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Actors/ObiActor.cs:348)
    Obi.ObiActor.OnEnable () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Actors/ObiActor.cs:323)  

2.  DllNotFoundException: libOni assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> memberTristenull)

Obi.OniColliderWorld.SetColliders (Obi.ObiNativeColliderShapeList shapes, Obi.ObiNativeAabbList bounds, Obi.ObiNativeAffineTransformList     transforms, System.Int32 count) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Backends/Oni/OniColliderWorld.cs:40)
    Obi.ObiColliderWorld.UpdateWorld (System.Single deltaTime) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiColliderWorld.cs:388)
    Obi.ObiUpdater.BeginStep (System.Single stepDeltaTime) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiUpdater.cs:56)
    Obi.ObiFixedUpdater.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiFixedUpdater.cs:46)

I also tried following solution -->

The dll library it cannot find (because it’s not compatible with the M1 architecture) is just a fallback in case you haven’t installed the required Burst  packages. Moreover, this fallback library is deprecated in will be removed in Obi 7.Make sure you’ve installed the Burst dependencies as per the manual:

Tried the following setup -->

[color=rgba(var(--sk_highlight,18,100,163),1)]http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manual/6.3/backends.html#burst[/color]

In the above setup I am not getting the option of

JOBS -> Leaks detection -> Off
Hi!

This means that the required packages are not correctly installed, or that your solver is explicitly set up to use Oni (the fallback lib). The stack trace you shared clearly shows it's trying to initialize Oni, not Burst:

Quote:Obi.OniBackend.CreateSolver(Obi.ObiSolver solver, System.Int32 capacity)
Obi.ObiSolver.Initialize ()

Quote:In the above setup I am not getting the option of  JOBS -> Leaks detection -> Off

This means your packages are not correctly installed. These are required for the engine to run. Make sure to install all packages stated in the manual, and that their version is above the minimum. Once you do, no warning should appear in the solver inspector when the Burst backend is selected (which is the default) and you should have a Leak Detection option available in Unity's "Jobs" menu.

Let me know if you need further help!
(22-06-2022, 03:04 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

This means that the required packages are not correctly installed, or that your solver is explicitly set up to use Oni (the fallback lib). The stack trace you shared clearly shows it's trying to initialize Oni, not Burst:

This means your packages are not correctly installed. These are required for the engine to run. Make sure to install all packages stated in the manual, and that their version is above the minimum. Once you do, no warning should appear in the solver inspector when the Burst backend is selected (which is the default) and you should have a Leak Detection option available in Unity's "Jobs" menu.

Let me know if you need further help!

I forgot to change the backend on the solver. Changing that solved the issue. Thanks!