Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Bone Pinning
Hello.

I'm enjoying the Obi packages a lot! I've been playing a bit around with the Obi Bone component and I was wondering if there is a way to pin Obi Bones like you can pin normal Obi ropes?

For example - I have a physics tail which I'd like to pin to have more control over ( while still keeping the physics between the start of the Obi Bone component and the last child ).
(31-05-2022, 08:44 PM)andosdos Wrote: Hello.

I'm enjoying the Obi packages a lot! I've been playing a bit around with the Obi Bone component and I was wondering if there is a way to pin Obi Bones like you can pin normal Obi ropes?

For example - I have a physics tail which I'd like to pin to have more control over ( while still keeping the physics between the start of the Obi Bone component and the last child ).

Hi!

No, you can't pin ObiBones. They're driven by the movement of the skeleton joints, so you can control them using IK or other similar systems (just be mindful of the update order of IK/simulation, IK must happen first).
(01-06-2022, 09:34 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

No, you can't pin ObiBones. They're driven by the movement of the skeleton joints, so you can control them using IK or other similar systems (just be mindful of the update order of IK/simulation, IK must happen first).
Alright, thank you - that's helpful!