Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RubberDragon sample bug on unity 2021
Hello

I try to use last ObiSoftbody version (6.4) on unity 2021.2.11, there is no error on console but the mesh deformation is bad on the sample RubberDragon.
Tested in Burst mode and in Oni, same thing.
Tested in BuitIn RP and Hdrp, same thing.
Tested on Unity 2021.3.0 (LTS), same thing
BUT, tested on Unity 2020.3.23, and here it works properly !! - But my project is on 2021....
A solution ?

Thanks
Laurent

[Image: sIlZAKl.png]
(14-04-2022, 09:08 AM)laurent Wrote: Hello

I try to use last ObiSoftbody version (6.4) on unity 2021.2.11, there is no error on console but the mesh deformation is bad on the sample RubberDragon.
Tested in Burst mode and in Oni, same thing.
Tested in BuitIn RP and Hdrp, same thing.
Tested on Unity 2021.3.0 (LTS), same thing
BUT, tested on Unity 2020.3.23, and here it works properly !! - But my project is on 2021....
A solution ?

Thanks
Laurent

[Image: sIlZAKl.png]

Hi!

This is because in 2021, Unity decided to change the vertex order of certain meshes (yet again, last time it happened was 2019). This means the order in which mesh vertices are stored is not the same as in previous versions.
So meshes imported in older Unity versions will appear “garbled” in 2021.

This thread is related:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...-3331.html

Luckily this only happens to meshes imported from older versions. Any softbodies of your own created in 2021 wont have this problem, only some sample scenes created in older Unity versions do.

To fix the scene, click the “Generate” button in the dragon blueprint. This will regenerate the softbody data using the new vertex order. Then, select the ObiSoftbodySkinner component in the scene and click “Bind Skin” to bind the mesh to the softbody. That will fix it.

Let me know if I can be of further help,