Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rope won't hang straight
Pregunta 
I can't seem to get this rope with an object at the end to hang straight. I've been tinkering with all of the settings for quite a while and nothing seems to help, but I assume I'm missing something obvious.

Here's what the rope looks like after entering play mode:

[Image: 8w4lvjW.png]

Here's the rope settings:

[Image: qaOHj22.png]

Here's the solver settings:

[Image: IyfrbNo.png]

PS: The last update to Obi Rope has been fantastic for productivity with enabling support for enter play mode settings. Thanks for the hard work on that, it is much appreciated!
(05-04-2022, 07:01 PM)goldfire Wrote: I can't seem to get this rope with an object at the end to hang straight. I've been tinkering with all of the settings for quite a while and nothing seems to help, but I assume I'm missing something obvious.

Here's what the rope looks like after entering play mode:

[Image: 8w4lvjW.png]

Here's the rope settings:

[Image: qaOHj22.png]

Here's the solver settings:

[Image: IyfrbNo.png]

PS: The last update to Obi Rope has been fantastic for productivity with enabling support for enter play mode settings. Thanks for the hard work on that, it is much appreciated!

Hi!

- Is the solver rotated by any chance? Its gravity space is set to “self” (local) so any rotation will rotate gravity too.
- is the dynamic attachment inside a collider?
(05-04-2022, 09:34 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

- Is the solver rotated by any chance? Its gravity space is set to “self” (local) so any rotation will rotate gravity too.
- is the dynamic attachment inside a collider?

I'm not sure why I had it set to self, but there is no rotation on it and changing it to world doesn't make any difference.

I had already disabled collisions on both the attachment point and on the obi collider on the attachment, which doesn't seem to be the cause unless I did that wrong:

[Image: oneKEsu.png]

[Image: Y1Mhf8J.png]
Hi,

Tbh I don't see anything else in your settings that could cause this. The rope itself is fairly simple and should hang down straight.

Does this still happen if you disable the dynamic attachment? (I mean, does the rope still deform in this way under its own weight?)

Assuming it does... would it be possible for you to share this scene with me so that I can take a look? (by sending it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com)
(05-04-2022, 11:26 PM)goldfire Wrote: I'm not sure why I had it set to self, but there is no rotation on it and changing it to world doesn't make any difference.

I had already disabled collisions on both the attachment point and on the obi collider on the attachment, which doesn't seem to be the cause unless I did that wrong:

[Image: oneKEsu.png]

[Image: Y1Mhf8J.png]

Hi all
I hope you are doing well.
I'm having the same problem, do you have any update on the solution ? 
Thank you in advance. 
Make sure your solver's sleep threshold is not too high. If your rope is small and/or the sleep threshold high, particles will stop moving before the rope is fully vertical.

See "sleep threshold":
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...olver.html