Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Can fluids collide with other OBI assets?
Can fluids collide with other OBI assets?
What I most want to know is the application of fluid and cloth, does it require additional coding to achieve it?
How to achieve this? I tried 2 hours of trying according to the docs and found that no matter what, the fluid goes through the cloth
Translate from Google
(12-01-2022, 05:27 PM)tecnnt Wrote: Can fluids collide with other OBI assets?
What I most want to know is the application of fluid and cloth, does it require additional coding to achieve it?
How to achieve this? I tried 2 hours of trying according to the docs and found that no matter what, the fluid goes through the cloth
Translate from Google

Hi!

Yes, all Obi actors can collide with each other, no coding required. In particular, fluid and cloth. Just make sure that:

- Collision filtering is set appropiately.
- Mass of fluid particles and cloth particles is comparable (don’t pour extremely dense fluid on very light cloth)

Also make sure there’s no obvious gaps in the particle representation of the cloth. If particles need to be very small in your case, you can try using surface collisions.

Note you can visually inspect particles at runtime by adding a ObiParticleRenderer component to your cloth.

Let me know if I can be of further help.
(12-01-2022, 06:39 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

Yes, all Obi actors can collide with each other, no coding required. In particular, fluid and cloth. Just make sure that:

- Collision filtering is set appropiately.
- Mass of fluid particles and cloth particles is comparable (don’t pour extremely dense fluid on very light cloth)

Also make sure there’s no obvious gaps in the particle representation of the cloth. If particles need to be very small in your case, you can try using surface collisions.

Note you can visually inspect particles at runtime by adding a ObiParticleRenderer component to your cloth.

Let me know if I can be of further help.
Thanks,i made it,But I found that cloth particles seemed to be immune to Solver's Max  Anisotropy influence, in the Fluids in the document (http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...sions.html) are not compatible  with surface collisions.   However, surface collisions is also used in the solution, which I don't quite understand  
(13-01-2022, 01:49 PM)tecnnt Wrote: But I found that cloth particles seemed to be immune to Solver's Max [/font][/size][/color] Anisotropy influence

Cloth particles are not anisotropic, this setting only affects fluid as explained in the manual:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...olver.html

Quote:Max Anisotropy:

Fluid particles in Obi can be ellipsoidal in shape, instead of perfectly spherical. This is used to better adapt their shape to the surface of the object they represent, achieving more accurate collision detection and smoother rendering. 

(13-01-2022, 01:49 PM)tecnnt Wrote:
in the Fluids in the document (http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...sions.html) are not compatible 

with surface collisions.   However, surface collisions is also used in the solution, which I don't quite understand  

Fluids cannot be represented using simplices, which means they can't generate a surface for collisions: collision is fully particle based. This is why the manual states that fluids are not compatible with surface collisions: it's not possible to generate a collision surface for them.

However this does not mean fluid particles can't collide against other actor's simplices. In case of cloth, this does not require the fluid to use surface collisions: it's enough for the cloth to have surface collisions enabled.
(13-01-2022, 01:56 PM)josemendez Wrote: Cloth particles are not anisotropic, this setting only affects fluid as explained in the manual:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...olver.html

Fluids cannot be represented using simplices, which means they can't generate a surface for collisions: collision is fully particle based. This is why the manual states that fluids are not compatible with surface collisions: it's not possible to generate a collision surface for them.

However this does not mean fluid particles can't collide against other actor's simplices. In case of cloth, this does not require the fluid to use surface collisions: it's enough for the cloth to have surface collisions enabled.
I see, thanks for your reply.