Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi cloth proxy, source skinned cloth does not drive slave mesh renderer
Hi all,

For my application, I am trying to let a thin skinned cloth drive a different thick mesh using obi cloth proxy.

According to this thread, a master ObiSkinnedCloth can drive a slave mesh renderer.

Is this still supported on obi 6.2 and unity editor 2020.3.12f1?

The source obi skinned cloth renderer displays the cloth moving however, the slave mesh renderer is static (both are shown in play mode while only the slave mesh renderer should be visible).

Some more info:
  • On the master side, the skinned cloth renderer is disabled and the obi skinned cloth renderer is enabled.
  • On the slave side, the mesh renderer is enabled and the obi cloth proxy has the correct source skinned cloth renderer.
  • For the skinmap, I left the default values (one channel and auto-filled for both master and slave), generating the skinmap does not provide errors.
  • For both the master thin and slave thick mesh, read/write is enabled.
Is there another way to show a thick mesh while using the behaviour of obi skinned cloth?

Kind regards,
Jasper
(15-12-2021, 01:25 PM)Jschol Wrote: Hi all,

For my application, I am trying to let a thin skinned cloth drive a different thick mesh using obi cloth proxy.

According to this thread, a master ObiSkinnedCloth can drive a slave mesh renderer.

Is this still supported on obi 6.2 and unity editor 2020.3.12f1?

The source obi skinned cloth renderer displays the cloth moving however, the slave mesh renderer is static (both are shown in play mode while only the slave mesh renderer should be visible).

Some more info:
  • On the master side, the skinned cloth renderer is disabled and the obi skinned cloth renderer is enabled.
  • On the slave side, the mesh renderer is enabled and the obi cloth proxy has the correct source skinned cloth renderer.
  • For the skinmap, I left the default values (one channel and auto-filled for both master and slave), generating the skinmap does not provide errors.
  • For both the master thin and slave thick mesh, read/write is enabled.
Is there another way to show a thick mesh while using the behaviour of obi skinned cloth?

Kind regards,
Jasper

Edit:

Tested in another project and scene, and now it works.

I will try to reproduce the error and report back if I find it