Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paper (bank note) simulation
(30-11-2021, 03:30 AM)Romahaaa Wrote: Thanks a lot. I believe "Paper" sample scene in the Obi Cloth package may help to some others as well Sonrisa

The main problem I encountered is not the note behavior itself (with enough bend constraint iterations it looks good to me Tímido), but the "pinching" between two colliders: if you use enough mesh subdivisions for the pinching to look good, then the note becomes too bendy. If you use fewer subdivisions so that the note is rigid enough, then once pinched the note looks terrible and jitters due to insufficient contacts:

These are mutually exclusive, you can't have simultaneously few and many subdivisions so I don't think there's a good way to solve this specific use case. Depending on how big a part of the game this mechanic of snapping a note in between colliders is, I'd go the procedural route: define a single path for the note to be able to move forwards/backwards, and bend the note along that predefined path.

If you have no use for the asset now and wish for a refund, no problem, just let me know your invoice number Sonrisa
(30-11-2021, 09:00 AM)josemendez Wrote: The main problem I encountered is not the note behavior itself (with enough bend constraint iterations it looks good to me Tímido)

Well it looks much better then my setup. Could you please share the scene you created? I wished to check the Cloth and Solver settings to defined, where it is wrong on my end.

[quote pid='11350' dateline='1638259233']
I'd go the procedural route: define a single path for the note to be able to move forwards/backwards, and bend the note along that predefined path.
[/quote]

Yes, seems that the way to move on. I already started to work on mesh bending runtime. Thanks for your effort.

Quote:If you have no use for the asset now and wish for a refund, no problem, just let me know your invoice number Sonrisa

Thanks for the offer. I hope we still can use it somewhere else. I also had an idea at least implement paper free fall using your asset but I have some doubts here also. Let's say I bended the mesh in J shape and after that will need to allow it free fall - would it be possible to "adjust" particles to the new vertices positions? As I understood if I activate Cloth when I need it, it will reset the vertices to positions similar to blueprint
(02-12-2021, 05:36 AM)Romahaaa Wrote: Well it looks much better then my setup. Could you please share the scene you created? I wished to check the Cloth and Solver settings to defined, where it is wrong on my end.

Sure, let me know which email address to send it to.

(02-12-2021, 05:36 AM)Romahaaa Wrote: Thanks for the offer. I hope we still can use it somewhere else. I also had an idea at least implement paper free fall using your asset but I have some doubts here also. Let's say I bended the mesh in J shape and after that will need to allow it free fall - would it be possible to "adjust" particles to the new vertices positions? As I understood if I activate Cloth when I need it, it will reset the vertices to positions similar to blueprint

You can generate the blueprint at runtime with whatever shape the mesh has at that moment. For large meshes it can take a few seconds, but for a mesh that simple it will be instant. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ctors.html

Also, check the "RuntimeCloth" sample scene: it builds a couple meshes from scratch, creates the blueprint, and sews them together all at runtime.
(02-12-2021, 11:58 AM)josemendez Wrote: Sure, let me know which email address to send it to.

sent PM

Quote:Also, check the "RuntimeCloth" sample scene: it builds a couple meshes from scratch, creates the blueprint, and sews them together all at runtime.

Perfect, thanks