Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal Collision Detection?
I've not yet purchased to find out-- does this asset only support external collisions or can it also handle internal? 

Example use cases:
  • A creature trying to get out of a closed, deformable container
  • Bubble Boy
  • Realistic skin deformation caused by internals
What do you mean "internal" collisions? Do you mean self-collisions? (an object colliding with itself). If so, yes.

If you mean two-sided collisions, the answer is yes too. Obi is a particle-based engine, objects are approximated as ellipsoidal particles. You can make convex, concave, one-sided and two-sided objects, with support for self-collisions (an object colliding with itself) and inter-collisions (deformable objects colliding with each other).
(13-10-2021, 09:35 AM)josemendez Wrote: What do you mean "internal" collisions? Do you mean self-collisions? (an object colliding with itself). If so, yes.

If you mean two-sided collisions, the answer is yes too. Obi is a particle-based engine, objects are approximated as ellipsoidal particles. You can make convex, concave, one-sided and two-wised objects, with support for self-collisions (an object colliding with itself) and inter-collisions (deformable objects colliding with each other).
The latter. Exciting to hear! I'm wanting to use both self-collisions and inter-collsions. I just wasn't sure if the particles used allowed empty space on the inside for proper simulation.