Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Substep Unity Physics for new versions
Hi There ! 

I was using ObiRope 5.6.2 for a project then I decided to move entire project to the 6.2 for some reasons. But rope behaviour was not same. (It was worse) I made some tests and saw; when I disable "Substep Unity Physics" at old project it began to act same like new project. In 6.2 version I couldn't find anything for enabling "Substep Unity Physics" or something related to this.

Although I am not %100 sure problem comes from here, I want to test it if you guys have any clue. Thanks !
(04-10-2021, 05:12 PM)immrkuby Wrote: Hi There ! 

I was using ObiRope 5.6.2 for a project then I decided to move entire project to the 6.2 for some reasons. But rope behaviour was not same. (It was worse) I made some tests and saw; when I disable "Substep Unity Physics" at old project it began to act same like new project. In 6.2 version I couldn't find anything for enabling "Substep Unity Physics" or something related to this.

Although I am not %100 sure problem comes from here, I want to test it if you guys have any clue. Thanks !

Hi there,

Substepping Unity physics is extremely costly, since 6.0 there's no need to do this anymore since Obi and Unity's own physics can be updated at independent frequencies. However, this of course does not give the exact same results as the old substepping since Unity's physics are now updated less often.

If you want to substep both engines (Obi and Unity) in 6.0 or above, simply leave the amount of Obi substeps at 1 and in Unity's Time settings, divide your fixed timestep by the amount of substeps you were using. For instance if your current fixed timestep is 0.02 and you want to use 4 substeps, you should set the fixed timestep to 0.02/4 = 0.005.
Thank you for your reply ! Yes it is what i want  Gran sonrisa but not sure (for my project) should i use newer versions or old ones. Will test and decide.