Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  how to solve the problem of pathing through?
Hello, 

This is my first post. I'am very beginner of using Unity and Obi rope. 
Now I'm trying to simulate the winding hard rope to the coil, which is rotating and slightly moving to right. End of rope is fixed to the edge of the coil. I create rope with Obi rope and set Obi Rope Cursor to extract/retract the rope.

But when coil starts rotating, rope pass through the coil and it does not wind around the coil. I set Rigidbody to the coil and it has enough mass. I have set Obi Collider both on coil and rope. 
I tried to solve this with changing iteration in Obi solver, but it didn't help. 

I read the following thread. On this thread, there is a youtube movie and it is similar to what I'd like to realize. 

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...ad-55.html

I'd appreciate any advice!

Thank you
Hi there!

(17-08-2021, 01:49 AM)sc-gumbo Wrote: This is my first post. I'am very beginner of using Unity and Obi rope. 

Obi is aimed at advanced users, you need to be familiar with basic physics concepts (forces, impulses, inertial reference frames, etc) as well as Unity and C# scripting to be able to use it. Starting here is kinda like learning how to drive in a F1 concept car. Not to discourage you, but expect a steep learning curve.

Quote:But when coil starts rotating, rope pass through the coil and it does not wind around the coil. I set Rigidbody to the coil and it has enough mass. I have set Obi Collider both on coil and rope. 

There's no need to add a ObiCollider to the rope. Only to colliders. The rope already manages collisions on its own. As long as both the colliders and collision filtering are correctly setup (see http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...sions.html), the rope should wind around just fine -unless there's gaps in between particles, or the coil is extremely thin compared to the rope-

Could you share a video of the behavior you're getting? Best if you add a ObiParticleRenderer component to your rope, so that particles are visible.