Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  mix two fluids
When I tried to mix two fluids,The particles will explode and fly around. Is it currently impossible to mix liquids in this way?

(15-05-2021, 06:11 AM)GinHuang Wrote: When I tried to mix two fluids,The particles will explode and fly around. Is it currently impossible to mix liquids in this way?

Hi,

There's 3 fluid sample scenes included with Obi that involve mixing in some way: MultiphaseFluidBuoyancy, FluidRaileighTaylor, and FluidMixing.

There should be no problem mixing different fluids, unless they have a huge density ratio. Could you share more details about your setup?
(15-05-2021, 12:05 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

There's 3 fluid sample scenes included with Obi that involve mixing in some way: MultiphaseFluidBuoyancy, FluidRaileighTaylor, and FluidMixing.

There should be no problem mixing different fluids, unless they have a huge density ratio. Could you share more details about your setup?

hello!I'm sorry about my English!

I can reproduce this phenomenon.  In the sample scene named “FaucetAndBucket”,you can copy a faucet(and it's emitter) and put it next to the first faucet
,and switch on the particle render. Just play the game, you will see one of the emitter-particle explode at the beginning time.
And this explode emitter-particle was not be Completely render with the obi fluid renderer.

if you set the intact emitter speed zero,and play the game ,you will see the damaged emitter emits particles was highly compressed 

(15-05-2021, 02:54 PM)GinHuang Wrote: hello!I'm sorry about my English!

I can reproduce this phenomenon.  In the sample scene named “FaucetAndBucket”,you can copy a faucet(and it's emitter) and put it next to the first faucet
,and switch on the particle render. Just play the game, you will see one of the emitter-particle explode at the beginning time.
And this explode emitter-particle was not be Completely render with the obi fluid renderer.

if you set the intact emitter speed zero,and play the game ,you will see the damaged emitter emits particles was highly compressed 

Hi,

I’d assume you’re using the Oni backend, right? This is a known bug that has been fixed for the next update. It only happens if you’ve not installed the required dependencies for the default backend, so the engine will fallback to the native lib.

Make sure you’ve installed the required Burst dependencies, as listed in the http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...kends.html

Burst 1.3.3 or newer
Collections 0.8.0-preview 5 or newer
Mathematics 1.0.1 or newer
Jobs 0.2.9-preview.15 or newer

Kind regards,
(15-05-2021, 03:05 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

I’d assume you’re using the Oni backend, right? This is a known bug that has been fixed for the next update. It only happens if you’ve not installed the required dependencies for the default backend, so the engine will fallback to the native lib.

Make sure you’ve installed the required Burst dependencies, as listed in the http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...kends.html

Burst 1.3.3 or newer
Collections 0.8.0-preview 5 or newer
Mathematics 1.0.1 or newer
Jobs 0.2.9-preview.15 or newer

Kind regards,

oh!yes! I am using the Oni backend! Thank you! I  will see the Burst install (I thought it was a bit of a hassle before. haha!) Thank you very much!