Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi Collider Not Colliding
Obi as a whole for me is all very new, so I hope this isn't too stupid of a question, but I'm trying to get Obi's physics to work with VR and I can't get my hands to collide with anything. I've tested boxes and normal collisions in my scene and everything works ok, but I add a collider to my hands and it just passes through everything. I did find in the documentation to check phases, but that didn't change anything either. Anyways, I know this is probably a stupid question, but if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.
(23-04-2021, 08:14 AM)bwaffles Wrote: Obi as a whole for me is all very new, so I hope this isn't too stupid of a question, but I'm trying to get Obi's physics to work with VR and I can't get my hands to collide with anything. I've tested boxes and normal collisions in my scene and everything works ok, but I add a collider to my hands and it just passes through everything. I did find in the documentation to check phases, but that didn't change anything either. Anyways, I know this is probably a stupid question, but if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Hi there!

Did you add a ObiCollider component to your collider?
Are collisions enabled at all in the solver? (ObiSolver component->Constraints->Collision constraints)
I did make sure those were enabled, I ended up remaking it and everything worked, so I'm not sure what I messed up but it was definitely me.

I've worked with Obi a bit now and love it, but I curious if it's possible to operate on obi particles without the solver. At certain times I don't need simulation but I do need to make changes to the particles. Is that possible or am I out of luck?

Edit: I'm just having one of those days where I can't figure something out, make a post, and then solve it. I just disabled every constraint on the solver except volume and now I can run my softbody simulations on a server and update the softbodies on the client without an issue.