Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is control point normal
When using AddControlPoint, what does the normal parameter do? In the net example, it is set to Vector.Up. Are there situations where other vectors should be used?
(25-03-2021, 04:21 PM)Hakazaba Wrote: When using AddControlPoint, what does the normal parameter do? In the net example, it is set to Vector.Up. Are there situations where other vectors should be used?

This controls rod orientation (torsion). For ropes it has no effect (since rope particles aren't oriented), so Vector.up is generally used.
Ok, thanks
Normal does seem to do something in rods, What should it be set to?

Also, when applying a dynamic particle attachment that constains orientation to a rod. How do i set the orientation which the rod is constrained to. Currently, when i run, the rod tries to flip 180 degrees around to face the opposite direction to what i want it to be oriented in.
(27-03-2021, 04:56 AM)Hakazaba Wrote: Normal does seem to do something in rods, What should it be set to?

Also, when applying a dynamic particle attachment that constains orientation to a rod. How do i set the orientation which the rod is constrained to. Currently, when i run, the rod tries to flip 180 degrees around to face the opposite direction to what i want it to be oriented in.

As I indicated before, the normal controls rod orientation. You should set it to whatever you want/need, depending on how you want your rods to be oriented. Generally speaking, it should be orthogonal to the path's tangent.

Quote:How do i set the orientation which the rod is constrained to.

By specifying the normal vector when creating the rod.

Quote:Currently, when i run, the rod tries to flip 180 degrees around to face the opposite direction to what i want it to be oriented in.

Then you need to negateĀ  your normal vector.

cheers!
Thank you.