Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How can I add sounds for particles collisions?
Pregunta 
Hi dear friends!

Can you please help, how to add sounds when obi fluid particles colliding with each other and with other obstacles?

Huh Huh Huh

Thank you!  Sonrisa
(11-12-2020, 04:09 PM)netstorm Wrote: Hi dear friends!

Can you please help, how to add sounds when obi fluid particles colliding with each other and with other obstacles?

Huh Huh Huh

Thank you!  Sonrisa

I've read documentation about Collisions

Here is the text from docs: "To retrieve the particle-particle contact list, subscribe to its OnParticleCollision event."

So I tried to do this

And there is 0 contacts for particles. For colliders works fine.

To play sounds, when particles collide, I need information about collisions between them: colliding impulses, for example. How can I get this information another way, insted of particles collisions event, as it is not working?

Thanks!
(12-12-2020, 01:55 PM)netstorm Wrote: I've read documentation about Collisions

Here is the text from docs: "To retrieve the particle-particle contact list, subscribe to its OnParticleCollision event."

So I tried to do this

And there is 0 contacts for particles. For colliders works fine.

To play sounds, when particles collide, I need information about collisions between them: colliding impulses, for example. How can I get this information another way, insted of particles collisions event, as it is not working?

Thanks!

Fluid particles do not collide with each other, as they are not solid. If they were, they wouldn’t behave like fluid at all. Only granulars (sand, pebbles) collide eith each other. Fluids only collide with colliders, you can get these contacts from the OnCollision event.

Fluids use density constraints to maintain constant density (mass per volume unit). You can use per particle vorticity to determine regions where fluid energy is high. Look at the FluidFoam sample scene for an example of this.
(12-12-2020, 02:47 PM)josemendez Wrote: Fluid particles do not collide with each other, as they are not solid. If they were, they wouldn’t behave like fluid at all. Only granulars (sand, pebbles) collide eith each other. Fluids only collide with colliders, you can get these contacts from the OnCollision event.

Fluids use density constraints to maintain constant density (mass per volume unit). You can use per particle vorticity to determine regions where fluid energy is high. Look at the FluidFoam sample scene for an example of this.

Thank you, my friend! I will try)