Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  The referenced script (Obi.BurstColliderWorld) on this Behaviour is missing!
Hi,

I noticed that most of the sample scenes having these 2 warnings.

(The referenced script (Obi.BurstColliderWorld) on this Behaviour is missing!)
(The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'BurstCollisionWorld') is missing!)

My best guess is that this issue kinda cause weird color to the emitter particles 
Please let me know if there's a way to solve this issue.

Thanks

Unity: 2019.4.12f1
Obi Fluid: version 5.6
(04-11-2020, 11:58 AM)eganki Wrote: Hi,

I noticed that most of the sample scenes having these 2 warnings.

(The referenced script (Obi.BurstColliderWorld) on this Behaviour is missing!)
(The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'BurstCollisionWorld') is missing!)

My best guess is that this issue kinda cause weird color to the emitter particles 
Please let me know if there's a way to solve this issue.

Thanks

Unity: 2019.4.12f1
Obi Fluid: version 5.6

Sounds like a installation issue. Did you have a previous Obi version installed, or do you have multiple Obi assets installed in your project? Also, did you install the Burst dependencies? (see:http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutorials/backends.html)

The editor is complaining that the Obi.BurstColliderWorld class is missing, but it is defined in the /Obi/Scripts/Common/Backends/Burst/Collisions/BurstColliderWorld.cs file, and if the required dependencies are installed, it should be compiled. Can you check that?

Regarding the particle colors, I'm unable to reproduce this look, but I doubt missing Burst dependencies are the reason for it. What render pipeline are you using?
(04-11-2020, 12:02 PM)josemendez Wrote: Sounds like a installation issue. Did you have a previous Obi version installed, or do you have multiple Obi assets installed in your project? Also, did you install the Burst dependencies? (see:http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutorials/backends.html)

The editor is complaining that the Obi.BurstColliderWorld class is missing, but it is defined in the /Obi/Scripts/Common/Backends/Burst/Collisions/BurstColliderWorld.cs file, and if the required dependencies are installed, it should be compiled. Can you check that?

Regarding the particle colors, I'm unable to reproduce this look, but I doubt missing Burst dependencies are the reason for it. What render pipeline are you using?
Thanks for the prompt reply.

"Did you have a previous Obi version installed, or do you have multiple Obi assets installed in your project? "
Nope, all I did is to downloaded/import Obi Fluid into a fresh project and run some sample scenes.

"Also, did you install the Burst dependencies? "
I do have Burst inside the /obi/scripts/common/backends/brust/. 

"Can you check that?"

" What render pipeline are you using?"
I am using built-in Render pipeline in Android setting. 

Please let me know if there's anything you might need from me to solve this issue.

Thanks
(04-11-2020, 05:06 PM)eganki Wrote: "Also, did you install the Burst dependencies? "
I do have Burst inside the /obi/scripts/common/backends/brust/. 

I mean the dependencies listed on the manual:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...kends.html

Quote:Using the Burst backend requires having the following Unity packages installed:

Burst 1.3.3 or newer
Collections 0.8.0-preview 5 or newer
Mathematics 1.0.1 or newer
Jobs 0.2.9-preview.15 or newer

Without these packages installed, Burst won't run at all, and some of its components (such as BurstColliderWorld) won't even be compiled. All sample scenes use the Burst backend by default. The simulation will fallback to the native backend instead.
(04-11-2020, 05:47 PM)josemendez Wrote: I mean the dependencies listed on the manual:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...kends.html

Without these packages installed, Burst won't run at all, and some of its components (such as BurstColliderWorld) won't even be compiled. All sample scenes use the Burst backend by default. The simulation will fallback to the native backend instead.
Thanks for the clear explanation.

After I've gone ahead and installed all the packages you've mentioned, my Unity "freeze" upon clicking on the play button, and it also happened on all other sample scenes. ( I've tried on Empty scene, and it doesn't freeze my Unity).

Mathematices 1.2.1
Here is the image for your reference.
(04-11-2020, 08:52 PM)eganki Wrote: Thanks for the clear explanation.

After I've gone ahead and installed all the packages you've mentioned, my Unity "freeze" upon clicking on the play button, and it also happened on all other sample scenes. ( I've tried on Empty scene, and it doesn't freeze my Unity).

Mathematices 1.2.1
Here is the image for your reference.

Hi,

We can't reproduce any freezes when using the Burst backend, could you share the contents of the editor log?.

The warning message about BurstCollisionWorld is not likely to have anything to do with the dark particle color, though. What are your lighting settings? (Window->Rendering->Lighting settings).

Edit: just read you're targeting Android. In that case switch the particle renderer to the "Simple Particles" shader. That will fix lighting. For more info see:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ering.html
[Image: xmD1y2M.png]
(05-11-2020, 09:22 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

We can't reproduce any freezes when using the Burst backend, could you share the contents of the editor log?.

The warning message about BurstCollisionWorld is not likely to have anything to do with the dark particle color, though. What are your lighting settings? (Window->Rendering->Lighting settings).

Edit: just read you're targeting Android. In that case switch the particle renderer to the "Simple Particles" shader. That will fix lighting. For more info see:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ering.html
Hey,
"We can't reproduce any freezes when using the Burst backend, could you share the contents of the editor log?. "
The Editor log doesn't record anything because it is not a Unity engine crash, but just not responding.

Here is a video link for your reference
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12da-xj2...sp=sharing

What I can confirm is that after I've download the Collections version 0.9.0 preview.6 , this issue will occur when I clicked on Play button.
(05-11-2020, 10:54 AM)eganki Wrote: Hey,
"We can't reproduce any freezes when using the Burst backend, could you share the contents of the editor log?. "
The Editor log doesn't record anything because it is not a Unity engine crash, but just not responding.

The editor logs should contain everything logged since the Unity editor was opened, up to the point where it stopped responding. That's what I'm interested in. Only the player logs will be empty.

(05-11-2020, 10:54 AM)eganki Wrote:
Here is a video link for your reference
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12da-xj2...sp=sharing

What I can confirm is that after I've download the Collections version 0.9.0 preview.6 , this issue will occur when I clicked on Play button.

Seems like a bug in the Collections package then. We can't get any freezes with 0.8.0 preview.5. Can you try this version?

Back to your original question though: Using Burst is optional, not mandatory. The warning message you got in the sample scenes simply warns you that Burst-related components are in the scene, but can't be compiled since you lack the Burst dependencies. This has nothing to do at all with particle colors/lighting. You can just switch to the Oni backend instead and use the mobile version of the particle shader as I suggested above. That will fix both the freeze and the particle colors.
(05-11-2020, 11:08 AM)josemendez Wrote:
The editor logs should contain everything logged since the Unity editor was opened, up to the point where it stopped responding. That's what I'm interested in. Only the player logs will be empty.

Seems like a bug in the Collections package then. We can't get any freezes with 0.8.0 preview.5. Can you try this version?

Back to your original question though: Using Burst is optional, not mandatory. The warning message you got in the sample scenes simply warns you that Burst-related components are in the scene, but can't be compiled since you lack the Burst dependencies. This has nothing to do at all with particle colors/lighting. You can just switch to the Oni backend instead and use the mobile version of the particle shader as I suggested above. That will fix both the freeze and the particle colors.
Hi,

"The editor logs should contain everything logged since the Unity editor was opened, up to the point where it stopped responding. That's what I'm interested in. Only the player logs will be empty."
Alright, I managed to find another Unity Editor log, and I hope this is the one that you're looking for.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BT54ZMD...sp=sharing

"Seems like a bug in the Collections package then. We can't get any freezes with 0.8.0 preview.5. Can you try this version?"
I did, and it still freeze upon clicking on the play button.

"You can just switch to the Oni backend instead and use the mobile version of the particle shader as I suggested above. That will fix both the freeze and the particle colors."
Yup, your suggestion on switching to SimpleParticleShader works well in mobile setting. 

I guess I'll be using Oni settings for a while until we can figure out how to solve this freeze issue. Much appreciated for your help and advice for these past few days. Gran sonrisa
No worries! Sonrisa I'll take a look at the editor logs and get back to you with my findings.