Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Accurate collision ?

Hello guys,

I'm using Obi Rope in a Unity Project, for a chain (same as rope).

As you can see in the video, it works great for collisions, except when it comes to the end of the rope: the rope just goes through the other collider.

I tried to play with several settings and I've read the whole documentation, but I can't find something to fix this, any idea?

Thanks,
Dan
(04-09-2020, 03:51 AM)danlespect Wrote:

Hello guys,

I'm using Obi Rope in a Unity Project, for a chain (same as rope).

As you can see in the video, it works great for collisions, except when it comes to the end of the rope: the rope just goes through the other collider.

I tried to play with several settings and I've read the whole documentation, but I can't find something to fix this, any idea?

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,

Since this only seems to happen with the end of the rope, I suspect phases are the issue here. What phase value does the end of the rope have? Is it the same as the colliders’?

It might also be that the last few particles in the rope have slightly higher separation between them, depending on where the control points were placed. Adding a ObiParticleRenderer component is a great way to visually debug particles.
(04-09-2020, 06:59 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Dan,

Since this only seems to happen with the end of the rope, I suspect phases are the issue here. What phase value does the end of the rope have? Is it the same as the colliders’?

It might also be that the last few particles in the rope have slightly higher separation between them, depending on where the control points were placed. Adding a ObiParticleRenderer component is a great way to visually debug particles.

Hi,

Thank you so much, the end of the rope had phase 0 while the rest had phase 1. Setting the end to phase 1 fixed it.

Have a great day!