Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Issue with CharacterController
I was using an old version of ObiRope where I have a player using the character controller, and that with the Obi Collider was enough to interact with the ropes.
Today I updated to the last version of the asset and I no longer get that interaction, in fact, I get an error which is the following:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Obi.ObiCapsuleShapeTracker.UpdateIfNeeded () (at AssetsObi/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ColliderTrackers/Trackers3D/ObiCapsuleShapeTracker.cs:54)
Obi.ObiColliderBase.UpdateIfNeeded () (at Assets/Obi/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiColliderBase.cs:189)
Obi.ObiColliderWorld.UpdateWorld () (at Assets/Obi/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiColliderWorld.cs:362)
Obi.ObiUpdater.BeginStep (System.Single stepDeltaTime) (at Assets/Obi/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiUpdater.cs:40)
Obi.ObiFixedUpdater.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Obi/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiFixedUpdater.cs:54)

I hope that the character controller is still supported in order to take collisions.

Regards!
Hi,

Attached you'll find two scripts: ObiCollider.cs and ObiCharacterControllerShapeTracker.cs.

- Replace /Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiCollider.cs with the ObiCollider.cs file attached.
- Add ObiCharacterControllerShapeTracker.cs to the /Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ColliderTrackers/ folder.

That should do it.

Thanks for reporting this! Don't hesitate to get in touch again if there's any trouble.

Attached Files
.cs   ObiCharacterControllerShapeTracker.cs (Size: 1.71 KB / Downloads: 3)
.cs   ObiCollider.cs (Size: 3.38 KB / Downloads: 3)
(31-08-2020, 07:10 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Attached you'll find two scripts: ObiCollider.cs and ObiCharacterControllerShapeTracker.cs.

- Replace /Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiCollider.cs with the ObiCollider.cs file attached.
- Add ObiCharacterControllerShapeTracker.cs to the /Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ColliderTrackers/ folder.

That should do it.

Thanks for reporting this! Don't hesitate to get in touch again if there's any trouble.

Now it works like the old version!

Thank you very much!