Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iOS 14, Xcode 12 and Obi
Hi,

Currently we know that due to a bug in Xcode 11.4 and up, you can't build Obi Rope (not sure about the others), it gets stuck. I followed all the details about the bug and how it's acknowledged by Apple etc. My concern is, when iOS 14 comes around in September, a lot of developers will be forced to build with Xcode 12 due to some major changes related to personalized advertising (IDFA & SKAdNetwork). I havent tried the Xcode 12 beta so I don't know if it's fixed there. Considering the possibility of the bug that prevents the build is still present on Xcode 12, what are our options ? We have about 1-1.5 month until the iOS 14.
(01-08-2020, 11:48 AM)arkenthera Wrote: Hi,

Currently we know that due to a bug in Xcode 11.4 and up, you can't build Obi Rope (not sure about the others), it gets stuck. I followed all the details about the bug and how it's acknowledged by Apple etc. My concern is, when iOS 14 comes around in September, a lot of developers will be forced to build with Xcode 12 due to some major changes related to personalized advertising (IDFA & SKAdNetwork). I havent tried the Xcode 12 beta so I don't know if it's fixed there. Considering the possibility of the bug that prevents the build is still present on Xcode 12, what are our options ? We have about 1-1.5 month until the iOS 14.

Hi,

Apple has fixed the bug in Xcode 12 beta 1. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...-2124.html

Even if they hadn't, Obi 5.5 will offer the option to run entirely using Unity's built-in Burst compiler, so the Xcode linker bug would be a non-issue.