Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Obi Cloth particle editor doesn't work
Update: Tryed on a brand new unity installation on the same partition of windows 10 to make it simple, the probleme is still there.
Unity 2019.4.4f1
(17-07-2020, 02:19 PM)Ritstyle Wrote: Update: Tryed on a brand new unity installation on the same partition of windows 10 to make it simple, the probleme is still there.
Unity 2019.4.4f1

Hi there,

Just tried it on Win 10, Unity 2019.4.4f1, but can't reproduce any unusual behavior in the particle editor.

Is this a fresh project with only Obi installed, or do you have other assets in your project? Sometimes we've had issues with certain assets that made use of Unity's editor UI, leaving the UI stack in a corrupted state and causing trouble down the road.
Ok i think i found the culpit error, when i install Obi cloth it gives this error:

InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
Obi.ObiActorBlueprintEditor.OnEnable () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs:62)
Obi.ObiMeshBasedActorBlueprintEditor.OnEnable () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiMeshBasedActorBlueprintEditor.cs:31)
Obi.ObiClothBlueprintEditor.OnEnable () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Cloth/Blueprints/ObiClothBlueprintEditor.cs:39)
(24-07-2020, 10:45 PM)Ritstyle Wrote: Ok i think i found the culpit error, when i install Obi cloth it gives this error:

InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
Obi.ObiActorBlueprintEditor.OnEnable () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs:62)
Obi.ObiMeshBasedActorBlueprintEditor.OnEnable () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiMeshBasedActorBlueprintEditor.cs:31)
Obi.ObiClothBlueprintEditor.OnEnable () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Cloth/Blueprints/ObiClothBlueprintEditor.cs:39)

Line 62 of ObiActorBlueprintEditor does this:
Quote:blueprint = (ObiActorBlueprint)target;

"target" in a Editor class is guaranteed by Unity to be the object/asset being inspected (https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Editor.html) and since the editor has a constraint attribute [CustomEditor(typeof(ObiActorBlueprint), true)], target should always be of type ObiActorBlueprint, or a derived class.

Under normal circumstances, this cast should always succeed, and it does in all machines we test on. We haven't had any similar reports from other users. This same pattern of casting the target to the inspected object type is used throughout the samples in Unity's own documentation, as you can see in the link above.

What kind of blueprint are you inspecting? is it one of the included samples? Do you see any other errors apart from this one in the console?
Sorprendido 
Yes thoese are still blueprints from the obi samples, i tried switching over unity 2020 but there still no imrpovement but what is really weird i've been noticing is some features of my unity version have Gui problemes i think.... i can't see light gizmos anymore ?? It's very weird i don't think it should be obi probleme but i don't understand how every of my unity installation would be somehow corrupt?lol
Dedo arriba 
Ok this issue was driving me nuts and the solution  made my brain cells fry.... How did i solve it?Simple... I added a simple "cloth" component form unity and the glitch just dissapeared. Don't ask me why but it just disapeared o.O. Solved.
(28-07-2020, 03:54 AM)Ritstyle Wrote: Ok this issue was driving me nuts and the solution  made my brain cells fry.... How did i solve it?Simple... I added a simple "cloth" component form unity and the glitch just dissapeared. Don't ask me why but it just disapeared o.O. Solved.

That's beyond strange... but if it worked, it worked Huh