Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Scene Raclette, The adaptation of the android platform.
(07-04-2020, 10:04 AM)josemendez Wrote: Disable realtime global illumination. It clearly shows a warning saying it's not supported on GLES 2.0, which probably is the rendering API you're using in Android (as iOS uses Metal by default).

Alternatively you might want to try and use GLES 3.0 if your device supports it.

Fix the problem.
Some android to normal.(Samsung HUAWEI)
but others android  still is black(Seems to be graphicsDeviceVendor = Qualcomm )

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-04-2020, 10:40 AM)GuanGuan Wrote: Fix the problem.
Some android to normal.(Samsung HUAWEI)
but others android  still is black(Seems to be graphicsDeviceVendor = Qualcomm )

By the looks of it, these specific devices do not fully support realtime global illumination, or do not support Vulkan at all. Alternatively you can drop realtime GI completely and just use uniform/hemispheric ambient color.

There's not much I can do to offer support in this matter, as it is not related to Obi at all (all objects in the scene will look darker with no global illumination).

Global illumination and specific device graphic API questions should be asked in the Unity forums.
(07-04-2020, 10:46 AM)josemendez Wrote: By the looks of it, these specific devices do not fully support global illumination.

There's not much I can do to offer support in this matter, as it is not related to Obi at all (all objects in the scene will look darker with no global illumination).

Global illumination and specific device graphic API questions should be asked in the Unity forums.

But objects can receive diectional light...
Fluid can only receive global illumination?
There are other light source can replace it?
(07-04-2020, 10:51 AM)GuanGuan Wrote: But objects can receive diectional light...
Fluid can only receive global illumination?
There are other light source can replace it?

I think you misunderstand what global illumination is. Light is made up of (very roughly speaking) 3 components: ambient + direct + specular. All objects receive all 3, including fluid. If you take a look at your original picture, you'll see the environment and the platforms also look quite dark. Fluid still shows reflections (specular) and it's not pitch black thanks to direct light. So the only thing missing in the scene is GI (ambient) light.

Ambient light is the base light color. If you have no ambient light, things will look rather bleak and dark because their only source of illumination would be direct lighting. When in shadow, objects will look completely black because no direct light is reaching them, and there's no ambient light. So you can't rely only on direct directional light (unless your scene takes place on the moon).

Now, ambient light can come from (from cheapest to most expensive):
  • a uniform color / baked GI.
  • a hemispheric/3 point spherical model.
  • Realtime global illumination.

You're using the last one (which is the most expensive one), while targeting mobile devices. Many devices won't support it, and the ones that do, will spend a significant amount of resources rendering it. I'd switch to something simpler.

As said, this is not related to Obi in any way. You should use appropriate lightning settings for the device range you need to target, I can't help you with that.
(07-04-2020, 11:02 AM)josemendez Wrote: I think you misunderstand what global illumination is. Light is made up of (very roughly speaking) 3 components: ambient + direct + specular. All objects receive all 3, including fluid. If you take a look at your original picture, you'll see the environment and the platforms also look quite dark. Fluid still shows reflections (specular) and it's not pitch black thanks to direct light. So the only thing missing in the scene is GI (ambient) light.

Ambient light is the base light color. If you have no ambient light, things will look rather bleak and dark because their only source of illumination would be direct lighting. When in shadow, objects will look completely black because no direct light is reaching them, and there's no ambient light. So you can't rely only on direct directional light (unless your scene takes place on the moon).

Now, ambient light can come from (from cheapest to most expensive):
  • a uniform color / baked GI.
  • a hemispheric/3 point spherical model.
  • Realtime global illumination.

You're using the last one (which is the most expensive one), while targeting mobile devices. Many devices won't support it, and the ones that do, will spend a significant amount of resources rendering it. I'd switch to something simpler.

As said, this is not related to Obi in any way. You should use appropriate lightning settings for the device range you need to target, I can't help you with that.

You should be misunderstood my question.
I have changed to a scene.There is only one directional light in the scene.

PC and  graphics Device is ARM display is white.
All graphics device is qualcomm shows black.
But other objects can receive directional light.
Huawei is the first mobile phone. The second and third are qualcomm
Are all opaque fluid on qualcomm phone all show black is my setting problem?
I just want to request to solve the opaque fluid in mainstream android solution.

My English is very bad, I'm sorry.
thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As I told you, this depends on the graphics API used and your lightning settings, which have nothing to do with Obi.

You can't expect the same settings to work across all graphics APIs, platforms, and device categories. I'd stop using realtime global illumination and switch to a simpler solution for mobile devices.

Btw, remove the Shadowmap Exposer component from your directional light. Unless your device supports cascaded shadows, it won't work.
(07-04-2020, 12:35 PM)josemendez Wrote: As I told you, this depends on the graphics API used and your lightning settings, which have nothing to do with Obi.

You can't expect the same settings to work across all graphics APIs, platforms, and device categories. I'd stop using realtime global illumination and switch to a simpler solution for mobile devices.

Btw, remove the Shadowmap Exposer component from your directional light. Unless your device supports cascaded shadows, it won't work.

Ok, thaks
Although there is no problem solving, but confirmed that the problem is also good.
I also try to solve the problem.