Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export and/or freeze a simulated object.
Hi There, is it possible to run the cloth simulation and then export the object as it is at rest? In other words if I wanted to create a static sheet object I would create a simple square mesh, let obi cloth simulate the sheet resting on a bed, then export the sheet as if it was modeled that way? Does that make sense, is that possible?

Thanks,
Luke
(09-01-2020, 07:48 PM)lukeh1980 Wrote: Hi There, is it possible to run the cloth simulation and then export the object as it is at rest? In other words if I wanted to create a static sheet object I would create a simple square mesh, let obi cloth simulate the sheet resting on a bed, then export the sheet as if it was modeled that way? Does that make sense, is that possible?

Thanks,
Luke

Yep. Simply click the "BakeMesh" button in the cloth renderer component. This will save the current state of the cloth as a new mesh asset.

Only works for regular and tearable cloth, not for skinned cloth.
(09-01-2020, 07:59 PM)josemendez Wrote: Yep. Simply click the "BakeMesh" button in the cloth renderer component. This will save the current state of the cloth as a new mesh asset.

Only works for regular and tearable cloth, not for skinned cloth.

Sounds, good! Sounds likeĀ I probably couldn't use it to bake character clothing that doesn't necessarily need to be constantly simulated because that would be over a skinned mesh? I know you have some performance data but is there a demo so I can see how it runs on an older or slower pc/laptop? Thanks!