Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caps to cover then ends of rope.
Hi there,

I'm new here. Sonrisa

Great rope asset, I'm very impressed so far.

So, I'm not attaching anything to my rope, so I don't want the ends to be transparent.
Is there anything I can do to change it?

Thanks so much!

Kind Regards,
David Mulder
(07-01-2020, 02:49 PM)davidmulder Wrote: Hi there,

I'm new here. Sonrisa

Great rope asset, I'm very impressed so far.

So, I'm not attaching anything to my rope, so I don't want the ends to be transparent.
Is there anything I can do to change it?

Thanks so much!

Kind Regards,
David Mulder

Hi David,

You could use the ObiRopeAttach component to place a couple objects at the ends of the rope. Create a couple "cap" objects, and add this component to them, one with "m" (normalized rope length) set to 0 and the other set to 1.

As an alternative, you could use the ObiRopeMeshRenderer instead of the default extruded renderer. This lets you use a custom mesh for the entire rope. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...modes.html
(07-01-2020, 03:37 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi David,

You could use the ObiRopeAttach component to place a couple objects at the ends of the rope. Create a couple "cap" objects, and add this component to them, one with "m" (normalized rope length) set to 0 and the other set to 1.

As an alternative, you could use the ObiRopeMeshRenderer instead of the default extruded renderer. This lets you use a custom mesh for the entire rope. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...modes.html

Ho Jose,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. Sonrisa

The problem is that it doesn't rotate anything attached.  The only thing usefull is a sphere, which I don't want.  I prefer a flat surface for the end.

I'll check the  ObiRopeMeshRenderer, thanks!

(08-01-2020, 07:48 PM)davidmulder Wrote: Ho Jose,

The problem is that it doesn't rotate anything attached.  The only thing useful is a sphere, which I don't want.  I prefer a flat surface for the end.

So I tried ObiRopeMeshRenderer, I'm using a cylinder.  It works until I press play.

Then it wont bend.  When I set the instances higher, it bends, but, now my texture is tiled out for each instance.

Any ideas?  Thanks! Sonrisa
(08-01-2020, 07:48 PM)davidmulder Wrote: Ho Jose,

The problem is that it doesn't rotate anything attached.  The only thing usefull is a sphere, which I don't want.  I prefer a flat surface for the end.

So I tried ObiRopeMeshRenderer, I'm using a cylinder.  It works until I press play.

Then it wont bend.  When I set the instances higher, it bends, but, now my texture is tiled out for each instance.

Any ideas?  Thanks! Sonrisa

The default cylinder mesh does not have any subdivisions along its length, only at the caps. So of course it won't bend since a triangle can't be bent. Use a custom subdivided cylinder mesh instead Sonrisa