Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  ClearTasks / GetPointCloudAnisotropy
Hello José.

I hope we can progress this case promptly.
I have referred to you via your support-mail - please let us know if we can work towards a solution.
(23-08-2019, 09:30 AM)Haumann Wrote: Hello José.

I hope we can progress this case promptly.
I have referred to you via your support-mail - please let us know if we can work towards a solution.

Hi there,

I just received the email. I'm trying to reproduce the bug, as soon as I have something to work with I'll get back to you.
Thanks man! Ángel
(23-08-2019, 10:56 AM)Haumann Wrote: Thanks man! Ángel

Hi there,

I just replied to you via email.

Unfortunately I've been unable to reproduce the bug. The crash dump makes little sense, as it points to a location in the code that shouldn't even be executed when running ObiCloth. Since you have a tight time schedule I've sent you the sources via email, in hopes that you can pinpoint the issue.

The A12 issue I though could be related was recently fixed, however it only happened in the A12 cpu (iOS) due to a compiler bug, triggered by using std::thread primitives. It does not happen in any other chip or platform.

kind regards,
Hi again,

Thanks for sending the source code. 
We had a look at it and we reached the same conclusion that none of the crashing methods are referenced anywhere...

Have you had any experience with a crashdump being misleading? It almost seems like it's outputting incorrect method names, and whatever is at 0x....0805 isn' actually ClearTasks, but some other method (one that's recursive, since it appears 3 times in the stack).

Or do you maybe have another theory as to why non-recursive, non-referenced methods appear in the stack?

0x00007FFE554D0805 (libOni) ClearTasks
0x00007FFE554D6FF5 (libOni) ClearTasks
0x00007FFE55504399 (libOni) GetPointCloudAnisotropy
0x00007FFE5550A28A (libOni) GetPointCloudAnisotropy
0x00007FFE5550A579 (libOni) GetPointCloudAnisotropy
0x00007FFE5552D470 (libOni) GetPointCloudAnisotropy

As mentioned before, we are not using IOS or the A12 chip.

The crash is very rare, and happens at random. Even without any interaction.
The latest crash we had also referenced a method called: ( linOni ) GetProfilingInfo.
We are not explicitly using the profiler, but is it being instantiated elsewhere?