Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  ClearTasks / GetPointCloudAnisotropy
(28-06-2019, 11:38 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Sorry, I didn't have a chance to look at it yet. Will do later today, and get back to you asap.

Did you have time to look at it yet? 
Best,
Sune
Hey, same problem here. Tried replacing files, as mentioned before, but with no luck. Any updates on that?
Also, I need to push app build on Friday - if the issue won't be resolved, would any previous version worked? Preferably compatible with the latest one, as I'd like to preserve work I already did on clothes.

Cheers,
(03-07-2019, 06:35 PM)mruce Wrote: Hey, same problem here. Tried replacing files, as mentioned before, but with no luck. Any updates on that?
Also, I need to push app build on Friday - if the issue won't be resolved, would any previous version worked? Preferably compatible with the latest one, as I'd like to preserve work I already did on clothes.

Cheers,

Hi there,

We're still trying to reproduce it, no luck so far. Even the repro project yoke_sune provided works fine for us. I don't know for sure if previous versions contain this bug or not, but I can provide any version if you wish. Just write an email to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com.

As soon as we can get a hold of this one I'll let you know.

kind regards,
(04-07-2019, 10:24 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

We're still trying to reproduce it, no luck so far. Even the repro project yoke_sune provided works fine for us. I don't know for sure if previous versions contain this bug or not, but I can provide any version if you wish. Just write an email to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com.

kind regards,

I can confirm the two updated files fixed about 90% of the crashes for me.
(04-07-2019, 10:24 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

kind regards,

That seems weird - have you tried multiple times? We have a crash on three different computers, but only every third or fourth time it starts. Could you provide me with the .pdb of the libOni.dll so i can debug it myself? I could also provide you with my crashdumps if you want to investigate further.
(05-07-2019, 08:51 AM)yoke_sune Wrote: That seems weird - have you tried multiple times? We have a crash on three different computers, but only every third or fourth time it starts. Could you provide me with the .pdb of the libOni.dll so i can debug it myself? I could also provide you with my crashdumps if you want to investigate further.

Hi there,

Yes, we tried for an entire morning to get it to happen. We were trying on a mid-2015 MacPro and a 64-bit Windows 10 PC. I you could provide the crash dumps we could take a look at them, I believe that would be the easier path (as most of the code is not very easy to follow).
(08-07-2019, 08:07 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

Yes, we tried for an entire morning to get it to happen. We were trying on a mid-2015 MacPro and a 64-bit Windows 10 PC. I you could provide the crash dumps we could take a look at them, I believe that would be the easier path (as most of the code is not very easy to follow).

Which CPU is the win 10 pc running? I have just sent you a crash dump. Let me know if you need something else.
(08-07-2019, 09:21 AM)yoke_sune Wrote: Which CPU is the win 10 pc running? I have just sent you a crash dump. Let me know if you need something else.

Still waiting for some indication of if there is a fix on its way, or we're should just live with an unstable application.. I can see that it is hard for you to debug if you cannot replicate it, but seeing we're multiple people having the same issue, then i think this should be prioritized or at least let us help you reproduce it somehow. Did you get anything out of the crash dump etc.?
(12-07-2019, 11:10 AM)yoke_sune Wrote: Still waiting for some indication of if there is a fix on its way, or we're should just live with an unstable application.. I can see that it is hard for you to debug if you cannot replicate it, but seeing we're multiple people having the same issue, then i think this should be prioritized or at least let us help you reproduce it somehow. Did you get anything out of the crash dump etc.?

Hi there,

We're currently actively working on this. So far we have not been able to reliably reproduce it, seems to be related to an issue we're having that only manifests itself on iOS (A12 CPUs), and that boils down to a memory corruption issue. The dump indicates a crash in a very unlikely place in the code, when accessing a pointer that must necessarily point to valid memory as far as logic flow goes. Probably the culprit is somewhere else in the code, but we've yet to discover where.

More info soon, sorry for taking so long to fix this one.
(12-07-2019, 11:41 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

We're currently actively working on this. So far we have not been able to reliably reproduce it, seems to be related to an issue we're having that only manifests itself on iOS (A12 CPUs), and that boils down to a memory corruption issue. The dump indicates a crash in a very unlikely place in the code, when accessing a pointer that must necessarily point to valid memory as far as logic flow goes. Probably the culprit is somewhere else in the code, but we've yet to discover where.

More info soon, sorry for taking so long to fix this one.

Hi,

Is there an update on this issue?