Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Obi cloth for unskinned 3D garment on a 3D avatar
(23-03-2023, 12:59 PM)mandeepdhalor28 Wrote: Hi 

I have purchased obi cloth for trying my 3D garments on my 3D avatars. The tutorials those I have seen uses skinned clothes on 3D avatar to simulate the clothes. But I want to simulate my clothes using unskinned 3D garments. Can you please share a tutorial or example which I can follow to implement the same.

Thanks

Using regular cloth on 3D animated avatars is not possible because Unity does not support animated MeshColliders, hence the cloth won't be able to accurately collide against a 3D animated character. Even if it was supported, it would be extremely slow because of the sheer amount of contacts between the body and the cloth that would  need to be detected and resolved every frame between two deformable meshes.

Character cloth in games is always skinned because of this. If you're only interested in simulating 1 character on screen at once, and don't mind low-ish quality simulation, you need to look for a GPU-based cloth simulator.

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using Obi cloth for unskinned 3D garment on a 3D avatar - by josemendez - 23-03-2023, 01:04 PM