Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Trying to add DistanceConstraint for my TearableCloth but getting IndexOutOfRange
(12-08-2022, 08:06 PM)snowtv Wrote: Your code works perfect. However when choosing the Burst backend my frame rate is 4 times slower than Oni backend, is that normal?

If the jobs debugger is enabled or Burst is disabled, then yes: the Burst backend will be a lot slower than Oni (since Oni is pre-compiled, and doesn't have a debugger), but this is not how it's intended to be used. For normal performance, the Burst compiler must be active (otherwise, there's no point in using Burst) and the jobs debugger must be disabled. See:

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...olver.html

(12-08-2022, 08:06 PM)snowtv Wrote: Also I noticed that the sewn colon is jittering a little bit, is there a way to get rid of the jitter?

Make sure the sewn particles are not colliding against each other. That will cause constraint fighting: particles are told to collapse into each other, and avoid penetrating each other, simultaneously. Since both conditions cannot be fulfilled simultaneously, particles jitter between both.

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to add DistanceConstraint for my TearableCloth but getting IndexOutOfRange - by josemendez - 16-08-2022, 07:34 AM