Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Burst backend produces array out of range errors
(24-01-2022, 09:37 AM)locque Wrote: Yes, it happens every time. Burst has never worked once on my setup.

Have you tried any other Burst based stuff in Unity? are you able to get any Burst-compiled code to run at all?

(24-01-2022, 09:37 AM)locque Wrote: Unity is running on Windows 10, and my CPU is a Ryzen 5900X. Windows and BIOS are up to date.

This CPU has the SSE 4.2 vector instruction set, so Burst should be able to generate code for it.

(24-01-2022, 09:37 AM)locque Wrote: Not sure about the quick play mode thing, I never heard about that. I didn't modify any of the default editor settings though.

It's an experimental Unity feature, unsupported by Obi as of now. It's disabled by default, so unless you've manually turned it on it should be no issue (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Configur...yMode.html)

I'm afraid it's going to be very hard to pinpoint the cause since I'm unable to reproduce it under the same conditions. The only difference between our setups as far as I can tell is the CPU, I'm using a Core i9. If we cannot figure out the cause all I can do is offer you a full refund :/.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burst backend produces array out of range errors - by josemendez - 24-01-2022, 09:54 AM