Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Burst backend produces array out of range errors
(24-01-2022, 08:14 AM)locque Wrote: Here are some of the stack traces, there are tons of variations of these though, with different indices and different methods causing them.

https://pastebin.com/rAfHhxpg

I have to use pastebin since your forum considers stack traces to be spam and blocks me from posting if I put them in here.

These are my package versions, everything should be up to date:

Burst 1.5.6
Collections 1.1.0
JobsĀ  0.11.0-preview.6
Mathematics 1.2.5

Unity 2020.3.26f1 LTS

Hi there,

All error messages indicate Burst is trying to access empty arrays (Index # is out of range of '0' length), so it seems like these aren't even initialized. Initialization happens during the solver's Awake(), and the underlying data arrays used by both Oni and Burst are the exact same. So this is really weird.

Tried running the Burst backend using the exact same versions of Unity and all packages on Windows 10 and MacOS Catalina, but so far I've been unable to reproduce this (see images below). Many of these package versions aren't verified for 2020.3.26f1 though (only Mathematics is), I'm not sure of how robust mixing unverified packages is or if it may play a role on this issue.

Does this happen consistently every time you hit play? Have you tried this on an empty project? What platform/OS is Unity's editor running on? What CPU do you have? Are you using quick enter play mode (domain reloading disabled)?

[Image: cugQfoU.png]
[Image: Q1bolZ6.png]

Quote:I have to use pastebin since your forum considers stack traces to be spam and blocks me from posting if I put them in here.

We use Cleantalk as our anti spam filter, the reason that appears in its logs for considering your previous post as spam is that it was reposted multiple times in a very short timespan (the message appearing in the logs is "Forbidden: You sent forms too often. Please wait a few minutes.") I've manually flagged it as "not spam" though.

You should be able to post logs without issue, many other forum users routinely do this. Let me know otherwise so that I can delve deeper into this!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burst backend produces array out of range errors - by josemendez - 24-01-2022, 08:56 AM