Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
particle editor not working on macos
(28-05-2020, 06:01 PM)lbouis Wrote: Thanks for looking into it. Note that I tried to manually change the screen resolution (under display preferences) but that did not fix the issue.
It's also a bit strange that even though I managed to select some particles, the inspector screen still says that nothing is selected..
Also, probably unrelated (and maybe harmless) but I see this exception in the console when I click on 'done'
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Obi.ObiActorBlueprintEditor.ExitBlueprintEditMode () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs:229)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallDelayFunctions () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:322)

I am seeing these same issues on macOS. The blueprint editor has multiple issues.
e.g. I select points but it still says no particles selected.
Sometimes the cursor is offset.
When I select particle groups they do not appear.
Changing brush size has no effect.
I've tried various versions of unity to see if that fixes it but no luck yet. I am currently on 2019.2.9f1

I am getting this error when I try to select a particle group:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Obi.ObiParticleSelectionEditorTool.<InitializeGroupsList>b__8_1 (UnityEngine.Rect rect, System.Int32 index, System.Boolean isActive, System.Boolean isFocused) (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/BlueprintEditorTools/ObiParticleSelectionEditorTool.cs:73)
UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList.DoListElements (UnityEngine.Rect listRect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/ReorderableList.cs:589)
UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList.DoLayoutList () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/ReorderableList.cs:396)
Obi.ObiParticleSelectionEditorTool.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/BlueprintEditorTools/ObiParticleSelectionEditorTool.cs:220)
Obi.ObiActorBlueprintEditor.DrawTools () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs:430)
Obi.ObiActorBlueprintEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs:144)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorElement.cs:501)
UnityEngine.GUIUtilityLenguarocessEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

Messages In This Thread
particle editor not working on macos - by lbouis - 24-05-2020, 09:49 PM
RE: particle editor not working on macos - by Andrew Graham - 08-06-2020, 01:13 PM