Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  ObiCloth local space documentation is outdated?
Hi!

I have an object with an ObiSolver attached, with several ObiCloth shapes as children. The parent object needs to be moved and teleported, but this causes the rendered cloth to behave like it’s simply moving at high speeds, causing it to glitch out and behave in unnatural ways. To solve this, I’m trying to make the cloth simulation happen in the solver’s local space instead of world space, so that the parent’s movements don’t affect the cloth simulation. Not 100% realistic, but good enough for my purposes.

I've looked in the forum but haven't found a clear answer. In some posts I’ve seen people say that the simulations always occur in the local space of the solver itself, but that should mean the cloth is already operating in local space, which isn’t happening. I also found values for determining how much the local space values are affected by world space movement, but those are both set to zero.

I’m trying to make the cloth render in the solver’s local space instead of world space, and am looking at this documentation to try and figure it out: https://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manu...space.html
I’m currently using ObiCloth version 6.5.4, in the Unity Editor 2021.3.3f1, but the only detailed version of the documentation is for an older version. The later versions are marked red as incomplete and can’t be selected.
The documentation shows that in ObiSolver there’s a bool to enable local space simulation, but when I look at the script (both in the Inspector and at the code itself), no option exists. The two options I mentioned for determining world space influence both have comments that reference a ‘simulateInLocalSpace’ option, but returns no results when I use FindAll across the entire solution (aside from those two comments). I’ve got two images here to show how different the ObiSolver is in the inspector.

The image shown in the documentation:
[Image: local_space_inspector.png]
The way it appears in my project:
[Image: PgaTuWH.png]

So in the version I’m using, what do I need to do to ensure the cloth simulates in local space? I presume the feature must have been refactored and moved to a different section of the code, as I refuse to believe such an important feature would be outright removed.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
ObiCloth local space documentation is outdated? - by CptnFabulous - 28-02-2024, 07:54 AM