Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Jitter on small linked objects
(18-03-2023, 02:13 PM)josemendez Wrote: This sounds like slow convergence. Just use more substeps in your ObiFixedUpdater component.

Blueprints do in fact have a very important collision parameter: collision filters, which determine which objects/actors specific particles in the blueprint are allowed to collide against. See "collision filtering" in the manual's "collisions" page: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...sions.html. In the case of ropes, collision filters are specified on a per-control point basis (both when editing the rope in-editor using the path editor, and when generating the blueprint at runtime in a script).

In the RopeNet scene, all blueprints generated at runtime are explicitly set up to not collide with anything. In the RopeNet.cs script you can see that all control points in the blueprints have their collision filter set to "1", which means they are set in category 1 and not allowed to collide with colliders/actors in any category.

Passing ObiUtils.MakeFilter(ObiUtils.CollideWithEverything, 1); instead of just "1" will allow the blueprints to collide with colliders/actors in all collision categories. Like this:

Gamechanger! The convergence seems to not be the issue, though. It's most likely because of the offsets and colliders,I'm sure when I setup the filtering masks properly, I'll fix that issue.

Filters helped a lot!

Maybe a suggestion, you could probably comment the properties or make some visible in the inspector. I think that would be really helpful for people who are playing around with them. If you don't see that particular documentation page (I didn't, heh), you look at the blueprints and their control points in the inspector and you see only the position and their references between each other. That makes you think that it's a very basic position structure. Even though I looked in the code, I didn't make the connection between filters and collisions, even though I did think that they were probably filtering out.

Anyways, thanks a lot, with your help I achieved the desired resultSonrisa

Messages In This Thread
Jitter on small linked objects - by Crazo - 17-03-2023, 08:56 PM
RE: Jitter on small linked objects - by Crazo - 17-03-2023, 10:50 PM
RE: Jitter on small linked objects - by Crazo - 18-03-2023, 03:23 PM
RE: Jitter on small linked objects - by Crazo - 18-03-2023, 12:28 PM