Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Creating a bungee jumping rope
(29-08-2022, 09:16 AM)josemendez Wrote: Stretching scale must be set to 1 unless you want to make distance constraints shorter. What do you mean by "the rope seems to be stretched, but it is not in the way as it is in the crane."?

Yes, that's the expected behavior: the stretching scale parameter scales the length of the rope, if you set it to say 0.5, the rope will be 50% shorter than its rest length. So if you set its rest length to 5 meters using cursor.ChangeLength(), its length will be set to 5*0.5 = 2.5.

Well, it depends on what your formula looks like and what it does. Could you explain what you're trying to do in more detail?

What do you mean by "it doesn't apply to all the variables in the project"?

With zero or little damping, that's what should happen. You can increase damping in the ObiSolver component. Note this damping value is isotropic (acts with the same strength in all directions), if you're interested in a vertical damping only you will have to implement it yourself. You can get/set/edit all particle properties using the particles API, so it should be easy to apply your own damping calculations if needed.

kind regards,

Thank you very much for your swift and helpful response, and sorry for my language (I'm not a native English speaker Sonrisa ) 

I will go over all the questions one by one, 
1) I meant its starting length.
2) I meant since the character weight and platform height will be set randomly, the rope's starting and stretched length should be as it is expected for all the possible weight-height combinations. 

Also, sorry for not updating my post, I solved the issues (or the questions let's say, because they're not issues since that was because of my lack of experience with the Obi Rope Sonrisa )

But now I have another question. I'm placing the rope in different positions (just the position.y changes randomly). However, the path doesn't change and it creates some problems as you can imagine because the path stays at the same position that I placed it in the scene view. Could you please help me with that?

Messages In This Thread
Creating a bungee jumping rope - by HazarS - 27-08-2022, 09:32 PM
RE: Creating a bungee jumping rope - by HazarS - 29-08-2022, 01:46 PM
RE: Creating a bungee jumping rope - by HazarS - 30-08-2022, 01:34 PM