Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Creating a bungee jumping rope
(27-08-2022, 09:32 PM)HazarS Wrote: - When I set the rope length by using "cursor.ChangeLength", it sets if the stretching scale is 1. But in that case, the rope seems to be stretched, but it is not in the way as it is in the crane.

Stretching scale must be set to 1 unless you want to make distance constraints shorter. What do you mean by "the rope seems to be stretched, but it is not in the way as it is in the crane."?

(27-08-2022, 09:32 PM)HazarS Wrote: - If I set the stretching scale lower than 1, the rope gets shortened and I can no longer set the rope value to the value I want.

Yes, that's the expected behavior: the stretching scale parameter scales the length of the rope, if you set it to say 0.5, the rope will be 50% shorter than its rest length. So if you set its rest length to 5 meters using cursor.ChangeLength(), its length will be set to 5*0.5 = 2.5.

(27-08-2022, 09:32 PM)HazarS Wrote: - I am trying to apply the formula I prepared for elongation and shortening. What should I do to achieve that?

Well, it depends on what your formula looks like and what it does. Could you explain what you're trying to do in more detail?

(27-08-2022, 09:32 PM)HazarS Wrote: If it's possible with the current settings that are available on Inspector, I would try to find the best option. But, when I find a solution for a specific character weight and rope length, it doesn't apply to all the variables I have in the project. 

What do you mean by "it doesn't apply to all the variables in the project"?

(27-08-2022, 09:32 PM)HazarS Wrote: - Also, when the rope reaches the maximum elongation point (or I think I can say the maximum restLenght) and starts getting back, the character nearly gets to the point where it started to drop. So, I want to edit vertical damping as well. 

With zero or little damping, that's what should happen. You can increase damping in the ObiSolver component. Note this damping value is isotropic (acts with the same strength in all directions), if you're interested in a vertical damping only you will have to implement it yourself. You can get/set/edit all particle properties using the particles API, so it should be easy to apply your own damping calculations if needed.

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
Creating a bungee jumping rope - by HazarS - 27-08-2022, 09:32 PM
RE: Creating a bungee jumping rope - by josemendez - 29-08-2022, 09:16 AM
RE: Creating a bungee jumping rope - by HazarS - 29-08-2022, 01:46 PM
RE: Creating a bungee jumping rope - by HazarS - 30-08-2022, 01:34 PM