Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rope is not stable
(05-11-2020, 01:01 PM)canerozdemir Wrote: I will try and comment the result later on. Thank you. And I forgot to tell, I assign the target but I am not able to assign the end or the start point as a particle group. In the blueprint, those points do exist and I have them on my code. I have "start" and "end" as suggested on the official documentation. But I cant assign them by code so the Obi Particle Attachment doesn't work as expected.

They can be assigned just fine, like you'd do for the target:
Code:
attachment.particleGroup = //your group

Can you share the code you're using?

(05-11-2020, 01:01 PM)canerozdemir Wrote: One more question, how can I set the rope length when I move those points closer to each other? It works fine when I move the points away from the other one and it adjusts itself to the new distance but it doesnt quite work that way when the opposite. In my situation, I use a code based approach so it would be nice to have an at least pseudo-code for that.

You can't change rope rest length at runtime by just moving its end points. When you move the point away from each one, you're actually overstretching the rope, but its rest length remains the same. Once the points are closer together than the rope length, it will have some slack. This is just how real world elastic ropes work. The rope's rest length and shape are determined by the blueprint path.

If you let me know more details about your use case, I might be able to help you.

Messages In This Thread
Rope is not stable - by canerozdemir - 05-11-2020, 12:37 PM
RE: Rope is not stable - by josemendez - 05-11-2020, 12:47 PM
RE: Rope is not stable - by canerozdemir - 05-11-2020, 01:01 PM
RE: Rope is not stable - by josemendez - 05-11-2020, 01:09 PM
RE: Rope is not stable - by canerozdemir - 05-11-2020, 01:17 PM
RE: Rope is not stable - by josemendez - 05-11-2020, 01:23 PM
RE: Rope is not stable - by canerozdemir - 05-11-2020, 01:26 PM