Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some questions about point editing.
(22-05-2020, 11:18 AM)urtrangar Wrote: So, presume i have a hollow model with outer and inner sides.
1) How should i structure its edges/sides so that either surface or volume softbody version "connects" their particles.
2) After that, Can i select "inner" particles to be bound to bones to be animates, while "outer" are simulated, but still connected(elastically) to those animated inner ones.
3) Can some of particles be hidden to allow editing underlying ones without disabling them completely?

1) Particle-based softbodies are a meshless method. Meshes are treated "vertex clouds", that is, any connectivity information between vertices (edges) is ignored. Particles are created at vertex positions, then particles are assigned to softbody clusters based on their proximity. There's no way to explicitly "connect" a certain particle to others, as that would require mesh connectivity information, and drop support for non-manifold meshes.

2) This should be done by attaching the desired particles to a bone, see:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...tbody.html
Note that as explained in the manual, particles must be either simulated or driven by a bone, you can't have a particle that's say 75% animated and 25% simulated.

3) You can use the culling options to automatically hide particles assigned to vertices that look away from the camera. However it is not possible to manually hide specific particles as of now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some questions about point editing. - by josemendez - 22-05-2020, 11:38 AM