Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  2D Animation in 3D Surrounding
(01-04-2020, 10:54 AM)Klaas Wrote: Hi there,

I hope there isn't already a thread for this. If so I probably wasn't clever enough to search for the right thing.

I am trying to implement a 2D Simulation but in a 3d environment. The problem is, everytime I try to add a Solver and Emitter the particles don't behave like they should. None of the colliders work (2d or 3d) and the particles just fly straight through the objects.

I tried copying some of the sample scenes into my project and they do work if they haven't been moved from x,y,z = 0,0,0. Once I move them to another place in the environment the problem starts.

I would really appreciate some help since I already worked way to many hours trying to solve this.

Best wishes,
Klaas

Hi Klaas,

I'm unable to reproduce this, moving the scenes around makes no difference as far as collisions goes.

Keep in mind that if you move the scene very far from the origin, you might encounter floating point precision issues. This is specially noticeable with rigidbody rotation, as their center of mass is expressed in world space. To circumvent this, keep the solver object at the origin, and then move the rest of the scene.

Messages In This Thread
2D Animation in 3D Surrounding - by Klaas - 01-04-2020, 10:54 AM
RE: 2D Animation in 3D Surrounding - by josemendez - 01-04-2020, 11:46 AM
RE: 2D Animation in 3D Surrounding - by Klaas - 01-04-2020, 10:55 PM
RE: 2D Animation in 3D Surrounding - by Klaas - 10-04-2020, 11:48 AM
RE: 2D Animation in 3D Surrounding - by Klaas - 11-04-2020, 03:29 PM