Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How to Save / Load Obi Actors in 5.0
(26-10-2020, 10:34 AM)Elegar Wrote: Hi Jose!
What you are talking about is quite different thing.. I guess I didn’t explain well what I want.

I need this for level design. I don't need to save blueprints on user's end like savegame data, I want them to be included in build. Actually creating blueprints from Editor would work for me: I can run the game, make a knot in runtime, pause the game and then move back to scene mode.
For example, in Unity you can save prefabs right from runtime (if you run in Editor). I want to make the same trick with blueprints, is it possible?

Hi Elegar,

Sorry! I misunderstood what you wanted. Blueprints are just assets, they're already serialized to disk by default. You just need to store particle positions/velocities in the blueprint. For this you can call actor.SaveStateToBlueprint(blueprint), passing the blueprint you want to store the data. Just make sure the blueprint has enough capacity to store all particles, easiest way to do this is instantiating the blueprint used in the first place to create the rope. See this related thread:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...p?tid=2201

Note that if the rope has changed length or been torn at runtime, these changes cannot be saved in a blueprint.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to Save / Load Obi Actors in 5.0 - by josemendez - 26-10-2020, 10:53 AM