Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloth Mesh disappearing when pressing play
(26-01-2021, 01:10 PM)Merch137 Wrote:
Quote:and this is often not easy for beginners as you need to use the inverse scale and understand transform hierarchies quite well.

Scaling something is probably going to be the least of someones worries working alone and having to learn the entirety of game design and pretty much has already accomplished it by myself self learning from nothing... coding and 3d modelling. However knowing the basics of 3d from opening things like 3ds max since I was 12 helped when it came to making 3d and having to prove myself to people trying to make not wanting to learn 3d into incompetence. 3d printing modelling things to scale, transforms being the simplest and probably one of the first things you learn in unity when using it as a game engine before even learning how to code or 3d model.

Still I don't see anything wrong with that sentence :/. I wasn't even calling you a beginner (being a beginner is nothing to be ashamed of, imho... how else do you refer to people that are starting out with something?). I was just pointing out that understanding transform hierarchies well is far from trivial, specially when scaling is involved (when composed with rotations scaling gives rise to skew, it's not always clear what the difference between transform scale vs import scale factor vs unit conversion is or what order they're applied in, etc), and that simpler solutions exist.

(26-01-2021, 01:10 PM)Merch137 Wrote: It was like making the simplest thing into something that is going to be hard to understand for an inferior mind.

That's some twisted train of thought right there, man. Transform hierarchies don't seem simple to me, there's lots of pitfalls and subtle caveats that make it hard to deal with them sometimes. Rotation order (XYZ, YXZ, etc), composition order (TRS vs RTS vs STR and all that stuff), etc. I was just trying to make your life easier by nudging you in the direction of using unit scaling, which makes things easier to work with. That's all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cloth Mesh disappearing when pressing play - by josemendez - 26-01-2021, 01:26 PM