Obi Official Forum

Full Version: shader error on build (android)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When using the editor to test my VR application obi rope works great!
However, when completing a build I get an error (attached)

'Shader error in 'Obi/Particles': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at line 100 (on gles3)'

The application still works, however - the rope objects are not rendering. 
We are using the Focus 3, an Android-based VR headset. My unity version is 2021.3.3f1. Any help is greatly appreciated!
(15-11-2022, 11:51 AM)Daniel2022 Wrote: [ -> ]When using the editor to test my VR application obi rope works great!
However, when completing a build I get an error (attached)

'Shader error in 'Obi/Particles': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at line 100 (on gles3)'

The application still works, however - the rope objects are not rendering. 
We are using the Focus 3, an Android-based VR headset. My unity version is 2021.3.3f1. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi Daniel!

Simulation and rope rendering should still work regardless of shader errors, since a shader only affects how a mesh is rendered, not whether it's rendered or not. A mesh using a shader which couldn't compile will still be rendered, albeit using Unity's shader error color (bright pink). This particular shader is only used for debugging particles and has nothing to do with rope rendering, so both issues (shader error and rope not rendering) are completely unrelated.

Have you installed the required dependencies of the Burst backend as per the manual?
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...setup.html
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...kends.html

If these are not installed, Obi will try to fall back to the native Oni backend, which isn't available on all platforms (and which is considerably slower on mobile devices, including Android systems). Depending on the specific Android device, it might not work at all, which may be causing ropes to completely disappear from your build.

kind regards,
Thanks so much that worked! all sorted now, just had to install the jobs/collections package and change the mode but all working. Thanks for the prompt reply.