Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Share your benchmarks guys!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Guys, I would like to know how much can you squeeze off the Obi Cloth simulation.

See my scene here please: https://imgur.com/UCR0iXP

I am getting 0.3 FPS as soon as the shirt collides with the male.

One static human - 14.5k vertices - w/ Obi Collider
One shirt - 3.2k vertices - w/ Distance and Bend Constraints

Obi Solver - w/ Distance and Collision constraints on 1 iteration value
Obi FIex Updater - 1 Substep value

Yes the shirt is stretching over the man, but increasing iterations / substep values would result into fever frames.
Don't get me wrong, I am not flaming, shaming a neither blaming. I might have a wrong setup, but I cant see where.

My question is, is the 14.5k + 3.2k vertices over the limit? Why does the Stats show 76.4K, there is only an extra plane with 121 vertices in the scene.

[Image: UCR0iXP]
Based on your description, this simulation should take no longer than 10 ms/frame, you're currently getting +3000 ms/frame there's something clearly off.

- What simulation backend are you using? Burst or Oni?
- If using Burst, have you disabled the jobs debugger, safety checks, and other in-editor performance sinks?
- What's your physics timestep? (Project settings->Time->Fixed timestep)
- How many contacts per frame is the solver generating? (shown in the solver inspector)
- I take it you're using a MeshCollider, which are extremely expensive compared to other collider types. Using a distance field might be a better idea:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ields.html

Also, can you share a screenshot of your profiler?

Quote:Why does the Stats show 76.4K, there is only an extra plane with 121 vertices in the scene.

Unity’s stats window shows rendered triangles. So if you have lights, shadows, multipass materials,  or other things that require rendering meshes multiple times, that will increase the triangle count shown in the stats.