Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Grabbing / manipulating particles
How do I move a particle within the constraints of the simulation? Let's assume that I have a particle at point (0, 0, 0) and its constraints only allow it to move on the y-axis to a maximum of (0, 1, 0). So in effect, I can move this particle on a line between these 2 points. But if I use a handle and the handle moves to (0, 2, 0), then the particle's limit is still controlled by its simulation constraints -- in other words, it would stop moving when it reaches (0, 1, 0).

I've trying a applying an external force every fixed frame but get ugly results. Any other thoughts?
(21-12-2018, 04:58 PM)nrvllrgrs Wrote: How do I move a particle within the constraints of the simulation? Let's assume that I have a particle at point (0, 0, 0) and its constraints only allow it to move on the y-axis to a maximum of (0, 1, 0). So in effect, I can move this particle on a line between these 2 points. But if I use a handle and the handle moves to (0, 2, 0), then the particle's limit is still controlled by its simulation constraints -- in other words, it would stop moving when it reaches (0, 1, 0).

I've trying a applying an external force every fixed frame but get ugly results. Any other thoughts?

Particles in a handle are fixed, and fixed particles ignore all constraints. So I don't really understand your question: if you move a particle using a handle it should follow the handle at all times.

Can you elaborate on your use case?