Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Making a ball of noodles
Hi, I played around with Obi Rope (and rod) for a bit, but I'm not sure if I can simulate a sort of ball of noodles/yarn like this picture. From what I've tried, I tried to use rods and bent them into a U, and then just spawned a bunch of them. However it seems with just 10 of them (each being relatively long), my FPS would drop a lot. I'm trying to use these in a VR game, where users can pick up this ball of noodles and drop them into a pot of boiling water etc. Not sure if this is achievable?
(20-06-2024, 05:04 AM)orangefire Wrote: Hi, I played around with Obi Rope (and rod) for a bit, but I'm not sure if I can simulate a sort of ball of noodles/yarn like this picture. From what I've tried, I tried to use rods and bent them into a U, and then just spawned a bunch of them. However it seems with just 10 of them (each being relatively long), my FPS would drop a lot. I'm trying to use these in a VR game, where users can pick up this ball of noodles and drop them into a pot of boiling water etc. Not sure if this is achievable?

Is it important that you should be able to untangle or separate them?

If not, I would suggest you model the ball of noodels in a 3D modelling program and simulate using Obi Softbody instead. The simulation would be orders of magnitude less complex to simulate.