Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ObiRodCursor
I need cursor functionality for obirod like its provided for obirope to change lenghts and set minimum length, how to create to get one?
(29-05-2024, 01:41 PM)CaDev Wrote: I need cursor functionality for obirod like its provided for obirope to change lenghts and set minimum length, how to create to get one?

Hi,

Unfortunately it's not possible due to the very nature of rods, otherwise this functionality would have been provided out of the box and no distinction between rods and ropes would exist.

kind regards,
(29-05-2024, 04:35 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Unfortunately it's not possible due to the very nature of rods, otherwise this functionality would have been provided out of the box and no distinction between rods and ropes would exist.

kind regards,
Hi, any other ay to change length of rod runtime? using any function provided?
(03-06-2024, 06:07 AM)CaDev Wrote: Hi, any other ay to change length of rod runtime? using any function provided?

No, changing the length of a rod is not possible at all.
(03-06-2024, 07:00 AM)josemendez Wrote: No, changing the length of a rod is not possible at all.
okay, can rope particle attachment be controlled by obi rod attachment?

(03-06-2024, 07:11 AM)CaDev Wrote: okay, can rope particle attachment be controlled by obi rod attachment?
this fixed rope fixed orientation.
(03-06-2024, 07:11 AM)CaDev Wrote: okay, can rope particle attachment be controlled by obi rod attachment?

this fixed rope fixed orientation.

Yes, just enable "constrain orientation" in the ObiParticleAttachment. Rotating the attached target's transform will then drive the rod particle orientation.

kind regards,
(03-06-2024, 07:42 AM)josemendez Wrote: Yes, just enable "constrain orientation" in the ObiParticleAttachment. Rotating the attached target's  transform will then drive the rod particle orientation.

kind regards,
can i achive this same effect for obi rope? by changing any script/code?
(03-06-2024, 08:13 AM)CaDev Wrote: can i achive this same effect for obi rope? by changing any script/code?

Yes, you can just attach two points in the rope instead of one. Due to basic geometry this will constrain the rope's orientation in 2 axis - note the rope will still be free to twist. This is because objects can rotate around 1 point, but can't rotate around 2 points since only one line passes trough 2 points in space.

This technique is used in some of the sample scenes, for instance in "RopeShowcase" the ropes in the left wall use 2 attachments to stay perpendicular to the wall.

kind regards,