Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback Advection but for a mesh.
Exclamación 
I'm thinking about this idea for a while.
We got: 
-Obi Fluid which is limited in particle count, making something like a pool will be hard on the GPU.
-Obi fluid can advect things near it, like shuriken particles.

So why can't we apply the same advection idea, but instead of shurikens, we apply it to the nearby mesh vertex?

So the idea is we have a pool of Obi fluid particles, which having very large particle scale, and not rendered.
With this we can have any object that jump into the pool will be physics collide and have buoyancy force to pull it up but with low particle count.
And on top we have a plane mesh for the surface, which advected by the Obi Fluid. This way the mesh can have deformation, this mesh can be Fluxy mesh which have 2.5D sim on top to give us detailed waves simulation, while the Obi Fuild give it bigger wave advection.

Isn't this a best of both world? You can make a bridge asset that have 2 requirements that are Fluxy and Obi Fluid. If you can add underwater rendering for it, it will sell like hot cakes.
(03-05-2024, 09:28 AM)spikebor Wrote: I'm thinking about this idea for a while.
We got: 
-Obi Fluid which is limited in particle count, making something like a pool will be hard on the GPU.
-Obi fluid can advect things near it, like shuriken particles.

So why can't we apply the same advection idea, but instead of shurikens, we apply it to the nearby mesh vertex?

So the idea is we have a pool of Obi fluid particles, which having very large particle scale, and not rendered.
With this we can have any object that jump into the pool will be physics collide and have buoyancy force to pull it up but with low particle count.
And on top we have a plane mesh for the surface, which advected by the Obi Fluid. This way the mesh can have deformation, this mesh can be Fluxy mesh which have 2.5D sim on top to give us detailed waves simulation, while the Obi Fuild give it bigger wave advection.

Isn't this a best of both world? You can make a bridge asset that have 2 requirements that are Fluxy and Obi Fluid. If you can add underwater rendering for it, it will sell like hot cakes.

Hi,

If I understood correctly, you want to advect mesh vertices? this will look really bad after only a couple seconds of advection, once the vertices have moved away from their original positions. Advecting particles is OK since they're not attached to each other in any way, but advecting mesh vertices will quickly result in a "triangle soup".

kind regards,
Ah this is an oversight by me haha, thanks for the explanation!