Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Bones contracting
Hi, I'm terribly sorry if a similar problem has already been solved here. I checked the threads, used the search and read through the docs.
Sadly the Obi Bones part is pretty short and I don't find much troubleshooting on it.

Just bought Ropes because I want to "ragdoll" the tail of a dog while the dog still has animations.

I set everything up, but once I click play, the tail contracts weirdly. (in the screenshot you see the contracted tail (behind is another dog with normal tail)
Playing around with the parameters does change things (it can move and wiggle around, but still not properly. example: putting stretch compliance to a higher value does increase the tail length a bit but wiggles very weirdly)

the attributes are all in their initial state. What should I be looking for?
Or what other infos do you need to be able to help me out here?

Thank you very much for any help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-02-2024, 02:41 PM)wurzelfritz Wrote: Hi, I'm terribly sorry if a similar problem has already been solved here. I checked the threads, used the search and read through the docs.
Sadly the Obi Bones part is pretty short and I don't find much troubleshooting on it.

Just bought Ropes because I want to "ragdoll" the tail of a dog while the dog still has animations.

I set everything up, but once I click play, the tail contracts weirdly. (in the screenshot you see the contracted tail (behind is another dog with normal tail)
Playing around with the parameters does change things (it can move and wiggle around, but still not properly. example: putting stretch compliance to a higher value does increase the tail length a bit but wiggles very weirdly)

the attributes are all in their initial state. What should I be looking for?
Or what other infos do you need to be able to help me out here?

Thank you very much for any help!

Hi!

Looks like an issue with the bone hierarchy, I’d guess bones have non-unit scale. Are bone transforms using a scale value other than 1?

If that’s not the case, could you share your mesh+skeleton by sending it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com so that I can take a closer look?

Kind regards,
(09-02-2024, 03:07 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

Looks like an issue with the bone hierarchy, I’d guess bones have non-unit scale. Are bone transforms using a scale value other than 1?

If that’s not the case, could you share your mesh+skeleton by sending it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com so that I can take a closer look?

Kind regards,

Thanks for the tip!
I'll look into that. Will probably redo the rig anyway. Used a prebuilt one from an asset pack we bought to test it.