Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piercing & touching softbody simulation
Pregunta 
Hi There

I am working on a simulation were the user can interact with 3D anatomy (skin and organs) using surgical instruments. To make the simulation visualy more interesting; I would like the anatomy to react to the users touch and beeing able to pierce it using a neelde object.

The "PlasticSheet" is close to what I am looking for, also pushing a ball through the sheet looks fine for piercing. Although I would need the sheet to be "all around" my body or anatomy mesh. The "FullBodyVolumetricSoftbody" is also very close, but when I lay the body on the floor it moves and jiggles around, I would like the effect to be on the surface and not moving the object in space. 

At this moment I am not looking for very realistic behaviours, but a little deformation. I have a mesh of a fully body which I was able to turn into a softbody, I played around with the setting and red the manuals. I can interact with the softbody using an object with a collider and push it around the scene.

But I am unable to get a desired result, which is a more suddle deformation of the skin and keeping the body in place, we dont want to push it off the operating table. 

Would it be possible to nudge me into the right direction for achieving such result?  

Thanks
Ward
(08-02-2024, 03:55 PM)WardP Wrote: Hi There

I am working on a simulation were the user can interact with 3D anatomy (skin and organs) using surgical instruments. To make the simulation visualy more interesting; I would like the anatomy to react to the users touch and beeing able to pierce it using a neelde object.

The "PlasticSheet" is close to what I am looking for, also pushing a ball through the sheet looks fine for piercing. Although I would need the sheet to be "all around" my body or anatomy mesh. The "FullBodyVolumetricSoftbody" is also very close, but when I lay the body on the floor it moves and jiggles around, I would like the effect to be on the surface and not moving the object in space. 

At this moment I am not looking for very realistic behaviours, but a little deformation. I have a mesh of a fully body which I was able to turn into a softbody, I played around with the setting and red the manuals. I can interact with the softbody using an object with a collider and push it around the scene.

But I am unable to get a desired result, which is a more suddle deformation of the skin and keeping the body in place, we dont want to push it off the operating table. 

Would it be possible to nudge me into the right direction for achieving such result?  

Thanks
Ward

Hi Ward,

Sounds like you just want to attach some parts of the softbody to a static transform, so that it doesn't move away when you pinch/pull/push it. You can use particle attachments for that. To use them, define a particle group in the blueprint editor that contains all particles you want to attach, then add a ObiParticleAttachment component to your softbody, select the particle group you just created and the transform you want the particles to be attached to.

Both the PlasticSheet and the RubberDragon examples do this. The dragon for instance has all particles near his feet attached, so when you drag him around it just deforms in place instead of moving away.

kind regards,
(09-02-2024, 08:36 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Ward,

Sounds like you just want to attach some parts of the softbody to a static transform, so that it doesn't move away when you pinch/pull/push it. You can use particle attachments for that. To use them, define a particle group in the blueprint editor that contains all particles you want to attach, then add a ObiParticleAttachment component to your softbody, select the particle group you just created and the transform you want the particles to be attached to.

Both the PlasticSheet and the RubberDragon examples do this. The dragon for instance has all particles near his feet attached, so when you drag him around it just deforms in place instead of moving away.

kind regards,

That's it, Thanks!