Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi Rope Jitter Issue
(06-03-2023, 12:31 AM)VirtualV Wrote: Hi!

I’ve been using Obi Rope in my game and the asset has been amazing! For some reason though, I’m experiencing a weird rope stuttering issue when I enable Rigidbody interpolation on a static particle attachment. The rope is attached to the player using a static particle attachment but whenever I enable interpolation on the player Rigidbody, the rope attachment particle starts jittering. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there!

Rigidbody interpolation should not change rope behavior at all (or rigidbody's, for that matter). It only modifies the visual position/rotation of the rigidbody to smoothly interpolate physics state during frames where no physics update has taken place.

Probably what you're experiencing is the rigidbody no longer being visually updated in sync with the rope. In this case, you should enable interpolation in your ObiSolver component too, so that both rigidbodies and ropes are interpolated.

Note that statically attached particles are not interpolated, since they are driven purely by simulation. If you want static particles to be interpolated too (which is usually undesirable), open up ObiParticleAttachment.cs and:

1) modify lines 167 and 181 to subscribe to/unsubscribe from to OnBeginStep instead:
Code:
m_Actor.OnBeginStep += Actor_OnPrepareStep;
Code:
m_Actor.OnBeginStep -= Actor_OnPrepareStep;

2) modify line 430 so that the startPosition is not modified:
Code:
solver.positions[solverIndex] = attachmentMatrix.MultiplyPoint3x4(m_PositionOffsets[i]);

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by VirtualV - 06-03-2023, 12:31 AM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by josemendez - 06-03-2023, 08:13 AM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by VirtualV - 06-03-2023, 08:56 PM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by josemendez - 06-03-2023, 09:16 PM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by VirtualV - 06-03-2023, 09:30 PM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by josemendez - 07-03-2023, 08:41 AM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by VirtualV - 07-03-2023, 08:20 PM
RE: Obi Rope Jitter Issue - by josemendez - 08-03-2023, 03:52 PM