Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Two Ropes sharing a Dynamic Target
(06-02-2023, 09:31 PM)josemendez Wrote: Based on your description of the issue (ropes starting at a weird angle near the attachment, jittering and “swimming” when picking the rigidbodies up) my guess would be you’ve attached the rope inside a collider that’s also set to collide against the rope. As a result the rope tries to be simulateously inside and outside the collider, since this is physically impossible to achieve it gives rise to unnatural behavior.

This situation - along with the solution- is described in the manual’s page for attachments (see “attachments inside colliders”)
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ments.html

This is also the reason why the FreightLift sample scene ropes have two control points near the platform: the one at the very end of the rope has its collision filters set to ignore collisions against the platform.

Let me know whether this helps,

Kind regards
Something is glitching.
I Set the ends to nothing and the next node to collide with everything but then when I tried to edit the rope again it showed the path on one cable but the nodes on the other and even though the positive-negative cable was selected editing it moved the negative cable. I deleted the rope but making a new rope gives me an InvalidOperationsException error when I say edit path.

Messages In This Thread
Two Ropes sharing a Dynamic Target - by Giantbean - 06-02-2023, 05:00 PM
RE: Two Ropes sharing a Dynamic Target - by Giantbean - 06-02-2023, 10:55 PM