Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Rope + Filo Cable
[quote pid='13413' dateline='1668591937']
Is it possible to use the spools from Filo cable and use Obi rope instead of Filo cable to store the rope on the spool?
If yes then I would like to know how? Since I am not sure if Obi rope have same attachment types (Hybrid, Rolling, etc.) as in case of Filo cables.

josemendez
As long as the cable is not completely tensed up, Filo can fake a sagging cable by using a catenary shape. I believe this is mentioned in the quickstart guide/manual, you can control the amount of sag using the cables' "Looseness Scale" parameter.

Note however Filo is much more limited than Obi in its ability to simulate free cables, so a sagging cable won't collide with arbitrary objects in the scene or stuff like that.

Spools are just rigidbodies with a motorized hinge joint. Not part of Filo, just check out Unity's documentation on joints.

This is just one cable with 4 segments, so the simulation should be extremely fast. I'd recommend to take a look at the profiler to identify what's slowing things down, I can help you interpret the profiler results if needed.

kind regards,
[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
Obi Rope + Filo Cable - by rohit_dhak - 16-11-2022, 10:14 AM
RE: Obi Rope + Filo Cable - by josemendez - 16-11-2022, 10:45 AM
RE: Obi Rope + Filo Cable - by rohit_dhak - 24-11-2022, 09:35 AM
RE: Obi Rope + Filo Cable - by josemendez - 24-11-2022, 10:03 AM
RE: Obi Rope + Filo Cable - by rohit_dhak - 24-11-2022, 10:34 AM
RE: Obi Rope + Filo Cable - by josemendez - 24-11-2022, 05:06 PM